what is a pop chager?

Jay1710

• 2 weeks later...

I've just fitted (this weekend) a JWT Popcharger and it's wicked :teeth:

Sounds awesome - you get a pop-style sound & swoosh of air being sucked in when you blip the throttle while stationary but then above 4,000rpm, the engine sounds even better than it did before, with IMO a better, deaper growl & snarl :thumbs:

Acceleration is not noticably/if atal faster, but feels smoother and the engine doesn't sound strained in anyway.

I would reco a JWT without a doubt, although my MPG has dropped to just 19mpg but that is my fault as as I can't stop myself from running in high revs just to hear the array of noises as it roars, pops and whistles. :yahoo:

If you're buiying then I got mine from BigPhil @ ESR £95 + post (Incl. heat shield as some places sell this as an extra).

Strange, got mine fitted at ESR and the foam bit (with the stickers on) is the other way, resting on the pop charger.

mine......

doubt it makes much difference and its only push fit if you want turn it iirc

this is the right way according to JWT

P1030010.jpg

You wouldn't want the foam part to sit against the filter as it will then restrict the air flow by a small amount, the idea of it sticking upwards like that is that it pushes against the bonnet (when shut) and it will then help to create a seal between the heat shield and the bonnet & therefore keep as much engine heat away from the charger as possible and so you get as much cold air as possible for the charger to suck up. :D

The screws that connect the heat shield to the air dam are self tapping, so by keeping pressure on the opposite side of your air dam to the screws then they bite into the plastic nicely. B)

Good luck

:thumbs: