Well...I've bought some new wheels !!

Neil

Thanks to all of your opinions - you persuaded me to choose the Finichi Firenze 19" Alloys as below.

Bought them from Performance Wheels (Distributor) in Coalville. Ben told me that if any of you were thinking of Finichi, and as you were in the club, he will give you a discount. PM me for details.

Although I think they look B) I am tempted to drop the car to close the wheel arch gap a little but this may effect the ride?

What do you think?

I know nothing about lowering cars - I can get a kit from Performance Wheels that will drop it around 30mm. Is this the norm?

Neil

350zfirenzes002.jpg

350zfirenzes003Edited.jpg

350zfirenzes004.jpg

350zfirenzes005Edited.jpg

350zfirenzes001Edited.jpg

Rims look great. However, it does need dropping. Coilovers are the way to go and I would suggest the KW Variant 3 which seem to be highly thought of. They'll costs around £1k but improve the handling and don't wreck the ride. :thumbs:

PS Martinmac has these so a PM may be in order.

look ace!

now make sure you get some wheel sealant on them and stay the f*ck away from kerbs! :p

:lol:

I am getting paranoid about kerbing the damn things! Multi storey car parks, I am certainly dreading :headhurt:

What wheel sealant would you suggest mate?

They are fitted without any spacers at he moment as the wheels are +35 offset. Going to leave it a week and go back to have spacers fitted, if I feel they need it, although they are square to the bodywork without.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

look very nice neil B)

i use autoglym wheel sealant but make sure you remove the wheel if you do them as you dont want any what so ever on the discs!!!

Coilovers are by far the best option but i just lowered mine on some weitec springs by 20mm as couldnt afford coilovers at the time, but not lost any of the comfort the car just feels stiffer and handles better. In my opinion 20mm is just right as if im not carefull then can catch the exhaust pipes on speed bumps (that might be because i have the true dual DC system though as one of the pipes hangs a lil lower) 30mm and you'l have to be watching everywhere you go :thumbs::thumbs:

look very nice neil B)

i use autoglym wheel sealant but make sure you remove the wheel if you do them as you dont want any what so ever on the discs!!!

Coilovers are by far the best option but i just lowered mine on some weitec springs by 20mm as couldnt afford coilovers at the time, but not lost any of the comfort the car just feels stiffer and handles better. In my opinion 20mm is just right as if im not carefull then can catch the exhaust pipes on speed bumps (that might be because i have the true dual DC system though as one of the pipes hangs a lil lower) 30mm and you'l have to be watching everywhere you go :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks for the advice James,

Coilovers do sound the best bet, but having just paid for the rims, I don't think the missus would be too pleased if I told her that I was gonna spend a further £1k and therefore she must go on the streets more often ;)

Springs seem the best bet at the moment perhaps. Have to be careful as the car is still under warranty and any given opportunity, the Nissan dealer will 'worm' out of issues by blaming the aftermarket kit, no doubt :angry:

Right then......I'm off to buy some Autoglym :D

order of ebay ill give you the guys name i use its cheaper and comes within a couple of days unless your wanting to get them done today :thumbs: better bulk buying of him to

OK, I will..

PM?

Thanks...

Loving the wheels Neil, nice look! B)

I'd put something a bit more permanent on than the AG stuff, like Jetseal 109 or a wheel wax. But put plenty on the whole wheel. :)

As has been said, the KW stuff is good. Not sure it has to be variant 3 though unless track time is in order. I have had one or two say they think that is only where you get the full value of the extra cash they cost. :)

Hi bud, the wheels look great. As for dropping I have KW coilovers on and at the moment have it dropped by 30mm. The handling is great and its not uncomfortable. However :blush:dont try to drive over anything larger than a small stone, it was pretty difficult before but having just filled the fuel tank I have ruled out any speed bumps. Would suggest 20mm drop.

Teins springs are ok but the coilovers allow you to raise and lower as required. To give you an idea of a 30mm drop I can just get a clenched fist under the front lip and just get my hand in between the rear wheel and the arch. I do have a body kit on though.

rims look awesome but would just push out a bit to be square with the body. Looks like Toyo's as well....my favourite. B)

KW kit for me next to control that floaty back end. It is a lot but I'm told the handling transformation is awesome without affecting the ride. I'm not interested in lowering it, just want better mechanical grip from the rear.

Any bumps mid-corner lifts the wheels on std suspension. Use it everyday so have to be able to get over speed bumps without crawling.

Teins springs are ok but the coilovers allow you to raise and lower as required. To give you an idea of a 30mm drop I can just get a clenched fist under the front lip and just get my hand in between the rear wheel and the arch. I do have a body kit on though.

Mate...

That is very low. Think 20mm will be my maximum I think.

Thanks for the advice.

Nice rims but what are the offsets? Rear look quite far in........... :)

+35 all round, Liam..

I can space them 3, 5 or 7mm, but at the moment, I have no spacers as they are wider then the 18" Rays and therfore sit further apart.

Might try 3mm later in the week.

Loving the wheels Neil, nice look! B)

I'd put something a bit more permanent on than the AG stuff, like Jetseal 109 or a wheel wax. But put plenty on the whole wheel. :)

As has been said, the KW stuff is good. Not sure it has to be variant 3 though unless track time is in order. I have had one or two say they think that is only where you get the full value of the extra cash they cost. :)

Thanks Rob,

Do you use the Jetseal 109 on your paintwork as well?

I notice that the overview of this product suggests layering all of the car?

Where do you buy this from mate?

Neil

Nice rims but what are the offsets? Rear look quite far in........... :)

+35 all round, Liam..

I can space them 3, 5 or 7mm, but at the moment, I have no spacers as they are wider then the 18" Rays and therfore sit further apart.

Might try 3mm later in the week.

+35 :surrender:

You'll need bigger than 3mm spacers, more like 20mm :blush: