Any deals at the moment on a brand new 350z?

newswseller

Go and have a word in their ear at a dealership. Don't necessarily deal with the guy who comes out first, look for the useless sales person looking for a badly needed sale. Put up with the dithering and lack of knowledge about the car, and get your deal! Even better to get a pre reg one just as the reg year changes.... ;)

They will be only too happy to take your arm off at the mo - lets face it how many Zeds against Micras are they going to sell especially with the current climate the way it is ! :thumbs:

Yup a pre reg or ex demo :thumbs:

To answer my own question...

After poping into my local dealership at lunchtime, there are no deals at present.. I managed to get £1.5k off the list price (Night blue non gt with Nismo kit, which would have to be ordered) but thats about it, they could come nowhere near the price listed on the drivethedeal website... infact the salesman claimed never to hear of it and suggested that the cars they must be selling are imports....

Anyway i asked about a part exchange (05 White 350Z ST) and the guy who does the evaluations wouldn't even give me a price because it was an import, he claimed that all the parts on the car are different to a UK one and so it would be impossible to fix should anything go wrong.... Clearly this guy was clueless as they are all made in the same factory..

Also.. i was told as it was a non GT the list price of £2k extra for the Nismo kit did not include the cost of fitting.... Apparently the price quoted is for GT models only... what a load of bull

I just laughed and left..

Is this Wessex in Cardiff?

I'd guess so :lol:

I have been told that Wessex don't actually service the 350Z. Apparantly they take it down the road to Hyeline.

If it is true I would never take my car there again :dry:

Go somewhere else mate - they sound like muppets!

You can get £2K off the price of a new one without too much hassle - all this stuff about your part ex is rubbish they are just doing the usual your car is crap and ours is fab - we are doing you a favour !! :boxing:

Is this Wessex in Cardiff?

Nope... Days in Swansea...

I was going to hit the other dealerships in Bridgend and Cardiff on the weekend...

I've found Wessex to be not too bad on sales in that you can actually negotiate with them. My car has always been serviced on their premises as I have been in the workshop when they've been working on it.

My own experience of Lee & Turner in Bridgend is one I would like to forget. A very unprofessional bunch if ever I met any.

Maybe worth trying to sell your existing car privately, then you have cash in your hand. Always go in three months after a new Registration has come out; this is a garages lull time for Sales. I guarantee the salesperson will bite your hand off to do a deal. :thumbs:

Maybe worth trying to sell your existing car privately, then you have cash in your hand. Always go in three months after a new Registration has come out; this is a garages lull time for Sales. I guarantee the salesperson will bite your hand off to do a deal. :thumbs:

Private sales are really slow/non existent at the moment, been trying to shift my other car 2yr old RX-8 for what seems like forever.. its advertised everywhere but zero interest.. even CARDATA have given up calling me..

RX8's aint shifting at all at the moment.

Too many on the market, at too cheap a price. I had to part-ex my Rex as no-one wanted one.

As a former REX owner myself I was lucky I sold mine a while back but recently walking round a few Mazda dealers - they cant give them away - yet Zeds for some reason still have a following? Mate at work got an ex demo 07' Rex top spec for £17.5K - with 3K on the clock! I paid £21K for mine when it first came out brand new- never ever ever again! :fool:

Shop around bud its really worth getting a pre reg or ex demo. :thumbs:

The motor trade, along with many other industries, is on it's ass at the moment and has been since the end of March. Many dealers have folded, two near me have packed up in the last month so right now is an excellent time to buy.

Haggle hard and get yourself a great deal.

The motor trade, along with many other industries, is on it's ass at the moment and has been since the end of March. Many dealers have folded, two near me have packed up in the last month so right now is an excellent time to buy.

Haggle hard and get yourself a great deal.

Visited 2 more Nissan Dealers today.. Both with completly empty showrooms... One wouldnt budge on the price (not even £100 off retail) but the other one was willing to beat the price shown on drivethedeal :yahoo: .... However no Nissan dealer will take an import in part exchange :wacko: so no new car for me until my car is sold privately

I bought MY07 at 4 months old and 4 thou on the clock.It is a GT with sat nav and cost me inc part ex £22950.I would never buy a brand new car.Mine was a demo,got a full valet before delivery and you couldn't tell it from a new one.Nearly 10 grand off list to boot.:yahoo:

I'm tempted by the 07's I've seen around with low miles as I normally keep my cars for ages (average must be 10 years) so if I can get ~10K off list with low miles I think that's what I'll go for.

Started looking at a cheapish import and then spend some money on it, then switched to looking for an UK 06' and test drove a couple but now I've seen a few 07's appearing for <£25K so I'll have to see what deals can be done.

I'm tempted by the 07's I've seen around with low miles as I normally keep my cars for ages (average must be 10 years) so if I can get ~10K off list with low miles I think that's what I'll go for.

Started looking at a cheapish import and then spend some money on it, then switched to looking for an UK 06' and test drove a couple but now I've seen a few 07's appearing for <£25K so I'll have to see what deals can be done.

If you can stretch to an MY07 its a good improvement over the MY06. :thumbs: