dyno tested today!!

roast350z

just got back from having the 350 dyno tested, it made 252.5hp at the wheels with 199.4 torque! think thats about spot on, so im happy :D

The guy said it made 5hp more after heating up the cats, sounds good to me! maybe i should boot it more :lol:

2007 350z with dual pop charger

Guest prescience
Nice!

What was the flywheels figure just out of curiosity?

There will be no definitive flywheel figure - there never could be unless the engine was removed and coupled to an engine dynanometer. The flywheel figure is ALWAYS estimated from the hub figure - so add 15-17% and you'll have an idea.

It's pseudo-science but there it is :p

Nice!

What was the flywheels figure just out of curiosity?

There will be no definitive flywheel figure - there never could be unless the engine was removed and coupled to an engine dynanometer. The flywheel figure is ALWAYS estimated from the hub figure - so add 15-17% and you'll have an idea.

It's pseudo-science but there it is :p

I know, was just curious to see what they had "calculated" it as.

Guest prescience
yep its the 313 :)

Given the dynamics of the internal combustion engine, it is still amazing that manufacturers purport to 'claim' BHp figures to anywhere other than the nearest 10 - at best. To say 313 is frankly so 'accurate' as to be meaningless.

[Don't misundertand my point, I'm not knocking that the figure is what is quoted - just the accuracy of the claim]

Don't trust the accuracy of dynos but this is good as a baseline.

Any more mods planned?

I hope to get hi-flow cats and exhaust system for now (not sure what one yet)

Would love a supercharger but dont think theres one out yet

By the way i must recommend the guys at, atspeed rolling road tuning centre in rayleigh essex, went there with around 20 mates and they were great even did a free BBQ and fixed my scew i picked up in my tyre! :D

Anybody fancy all meeting up for a 350Z rolling road day?? ;)

Don't trust the accuracy of dynos but this is good as a baseline.

Any more mods planned?

I hope to get hi-flow cats and exhaust system for now (not sure what one yet)

Would love a supercharger but dont think theres one out yet

By the way i must recommend the guys at, atspeed rolling road tuning centre in rayleigh essex, went there with around 20 mates and they were great even did a free BBQ and fixed my scew i picked up in my tyre! :D

Anybody fancy all meeting up for a 350Z rolling road day?? ;)

I spoke with Dan from AdvancedME yesterday and he is keen to do just that at his place in Milton Keynes.

hi all..

252.5hp at the wheels....hmmm...we had a dyno day at TDI a few months ago with about 5 Z's...

stock 276 machines produced 240-245whp, 07 z's produced 270whp- 275whp.

the 10-12% power loss was standard across the engine ratings of all models..

with that experience and figures in mind...you might want to double check if the equipment readings are different in anyway to adjust the numbers...im afraid i dont know any details of equipment used by TDI .

Thanks

Bobby

I was thinking the same as Bobby that it is a little low... Dynos are a lottery anyway.

Lots of info on MY350Z about what they think works well and gives you "right" results.

One thing to remember is that the Tuners are looking for business, so if you dyno low, they could tune the car for you to get it back towards the "right" number, after all you are relying on the numbers they give you.

I would try another dyno day to be sure on a different dyno and dont tell them what you dyno'd at previously.

Other things to watch out for are how far (and hard) you have driven to get there, as you could be suffering from some "heat soak" make of fuel used, ambiant temperature, moisture in the air.....

According to one of the guys at GTart where I took mine, is that a way to get better results is to pack the area round your CAI with bags of ice to get colder air in...

Would an ECU reset be a good idea also. I remember from my Leon days, they used to reset the ECU to get rid of (I think) the long term fuel trim (maybe the wrong terminology). Basically, over long runs (motorway cruise) it would lean out the mixture as it learnt your driving style. So if you did a lot of m-way driving it would give lower power than those who drove it like they stole it all the time. ECU reset apparently cancelled this out. Not sure if the Zed does that too. Another thing they said is that you need at least 2 tanks of higher octane fuel through the tanks to make it show on the dyno, not just put it in on the day if you normally run 95RON as it wont make a difference.

So many small differences in this stuff can make a difference. You need to find a reputable tuner and try and dyno in the same conditions each time to even get something faily relaible.

Butt dyno all the way I say. Or track lap times. They're what count :drive1

I dont think there is any problems the guy said add around 20%, 10% for propper race gear box (havent got one of them!) so should bring me up to around 300 at fly wheel :D Not bad seeing as nissan prob got 313 in perfect conditions in a lab! Managed to run 0 to 60 in 5.4 secs last night using a friends g tech meter!!

Beat a 600bhp supra that struggled with traction :lol: whats power without control!!

313PS = 309BHP.

IMO dynos are a waste of time and money unless you are seriously modifying the engine for performance gains. Dyno the car and take the figure, regardless of what it is, as your starting point and start your mods. Then return to the same dyno machine for a new figure. At least that way the conditions should be a close to the same as possible.

IMO dynos are a waste of time and money unless you are seriously modifying the engine for performance gains

:headhurt:Dont know about that! It was a good day, around 20 mates we all had fun. Just interested to see what it does.

I dont think there is any problems the guy said add around 20%, 10% for propper race gear box (havent got one of them!) so should bring me up to around 300 at fly wheel :D Not bad seeing as nissan prob got 313 in perfect conditions in a lab! Managed to run 0 to 60 in 5.4 secs last night using a friends g tech meter!!

Beat a 600bhp supra that struggled with traction :lol: whats power without control!!

Will you be going to Jap Show at Santa Pod? Interesting to see how an '07 compares.

Guest prescience
313PS = 309BHP.

IMO dynos are a waste of time and money unless you are seriously modifying the engine for performance gains. Dyno the car and take the figure, regardless of what it is, as your starting point and start your mods. Then return to the same dyno machine for a new figure. At least that way the conditions should be a close to the same as possible.

313ps does =309bhp but most website info quote the new engine at 306 bhp ;)

icon22-1.gificon22-1.gificon22-1.gificon22-1.gif

;)

According to one of the guys at GTart where I took mine, is that a way to get better results is to pack the area round your CAI with bags of ice to get colder air in...

I thought the idea of this was to find out what power your car is really putting out day to day (subject of course to accuracy of the machine and everything else mentioned) not manipulating it to give the highest figure. That is unless you stuff bags of frozen peas under your bonnet before you leave in the morning, Mark? ;)