Artega

M13KYF

I love the look of this apart from the heating vents that look like they came straight out of an Austin Maxi, but I would not be prepared to spend this sort of money on a relatively unheard of brand.

No reason why these guys couldn't be the next Weissman. :)

I love the look of this apart from the heating vents that look like they came straight out of an Austin Maxi, but I would not be prepared to spend this sort of money on a relatively unheard of brand.

Indeed they could and I really hope they succeed as it's a stunning looking car. I just wouldn't want to speculate that amount of money on a brand that has yet built any reputation.

Indeed they could and I really hope they succeed as it's a stunning looking car. I just wouldn't want to speculate that amount of money on a brand that has yet built any reputation.

I do take your point but the involvement of Paragon and particularly Karl-Heinz Kalbfell (ex BMW, Rolls Royce & Maserati) raises them above the usual half-baked small sports car projects.

I do take your point but the involvement of Paragon and particularly Karl-Heinz Kalbfell (ex BMW, Rolls Royce & Maserati) raises them above the usual half-baked small sports car projects.

Fair point and I sincercely hope you are correct. Only time will tell though I guess.

now coming in right hand drive. Mid mounted V6 with 300bhp. Price £50k :wub:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3748.html

2008_Artega_GT2.jpg

Looks like a frankenstein car :scare:

911 front lights, 430 from behind and an Aston from the side..............all nice cars but ugly when thrown together. 300bhp and 1100kg's will make it the car the zed should be performance wise......

Guest prescience
now coming in right hand drive. Mid mounted V6 with 300bhp. Price £50k :wub:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3748.html

2008_Artega_GT2.jpg

Looks like a frankenstein car :scare:

911 front lights, 430 from behind and an Aston from the side..............all nice cars but ugly when thrown together. 300bhp and 1100kg's will make it the car the zed should be performance wise......

Agreed, looks very blocky and piecemeal to me and that must be it's best view? Not so much nasty as not nice

I like it. Nice and light, decent power and hopefully german reliability. I notice it has a BMW headlight switch.

Who's engine are they using?

Unfortunately it will have to be exceptional to succeed at this price having no heritage / badge esteem which is a shame.

Up-start automaker Artega has unveiled its Artega GT. Designed by Henrik Fisker  a former Aston Martin designer  the sports car uses a rear-engine configuration and measures in at 157 inches long and 74 inches wide. The Artega GT is powered by a VW-sourced 3.6L V6 mated to a DSG transmission.

Nice engine.. :thumbs: