Northern meet - Manchester/Lancs/Yorks area? Interested?

stanski

Hi folks

On Sunday's meet it became apparent there were a lot more Northern Zeds lurking than we knew about, so just wanted to find out if you were interested in a gathering or 2 in this area??

Maybe a Manchester area/Lancs/Yorks?

We would need local knowledge to help with a route and somewhere to meet up and maybe stop off for a brew and a sticky bun? (ok I can provide those!) :lol:

Do a Lancs run one weekend , Yorks run another weeekend kinda thing?

(Hope you can make it Nixy - we can all turn up at your house so hubby can see we are not weird axe murderes!) ;)

So if you could indicate your interest and any ideas on routes?

But please not circling the M60 :surrender:

Thanks

Stan

I'd definitely be up for that!

I'd suggest the A537 'Cat & Fiddle' road as a great drive out - but i'd imagine a lot of people have done it already? I saw about 20 zeds 3 years or so ago up there, when i was in my little mk3 golf!

There is also 'bangers'/StockCar racetrack up in Buxton, which you can go and watch on various weekends in the summer - that would be a meet with a difference - drive up there and watch that for a couple of hours??

Just throwing ideas out here...

Chris.

I'm up for a run out :thumbs:

Loads of good runs in the lakes but they can get busy on the weekends...

Snake Pass from Glossop to Sheffield was always one of my favourite runs to test out a new car but again, thats got pretty busy recently and I've seen a few sneaky speed traps on there too :dry:

Yeah speed camera city ! But not to worry we will sort something out?

How about yorkshire side of things ? Tilly , Chesterfield, Nixy????

Maybe Bakewell area (but dont buy their Bakewell tarts - rip off prices!) :lol:

some nice roads between stockport and chesterfield through castleton or stoney middleton

I used to go out with a girl from Stoney Middleton - had some great drives round there. :teeth:

I'd be up for this. How about the Trough of Bowland. Used to go out for a burn round there when I was at Uni in Lancaster. Seem to remember the roads were pretty good. Anyone with local knowledge?

No idea about good driving roads in my area but there are lots of car based events in the area with Elvington Air field hosting plenty of stuff including redline ten of the best and always something on at York dragway. I would imagine the best roads are out near the North York Moors on the way to Whitby etc.

+1 here :thumbs:

some top roads in north yorks, pickering to whitby comes to mind as one,

up settle way aswell some good un's

always fancied having a blast round the trough of bowland featured in many a road test in the mags

as a slightly different idea http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/ at bolton abbey, not so much as days hooning round, but park up, polish yer shiny bits and have a natter

Dave

Hey these are all good ideas - see there are more Zeds under our noses than we thought in this part of the world :thumbs:

So a few things to consider then by the sounds of it?

Do we want to park up and go to a show (become the Zed chapter of a show) or go for a drive out over t'hills bit like Wales stylie?

Travel distance for everyone and the fact that the people will be having holidays soon and kids will be off?

Anyway get your Zed thinking caps on and hopefully we can sort something near to home :yahoo:

I am watching with interest :) Dont come into sheffield though its horrible full of speed traps humps bumps and potholes.To say we are the 4th largest city our roads are like a third world countries cart tracks.:blush:

some nice roads between stockport and chesterfield through castleton or stoney middleton

I used to go out with a girl from Stoney Middleton - had some great drives round there. :teeth:

I'd be up for this. How about the Trough of Bowland. Used to go out for a burn round there when I was at Uni in Lancaster. Seem to remember the roads were pretty good. Anyone with local knowledge?

The Trough of Bowland and then up to Settle is a good route!!

• 3 weeks later...