HALFORDS BATTERIES

Dicky

Bought a Yasa batter with a 5 yr guarantee in Oct 22. Come Aug 23 it  failed to hold charge. Bought a good quality CTEC charger and recharged it a couple of times, still wouldn't hold charge. Checked alternator, battery terminals, and current drain with every thing off on the car (80mA)..all OK.

Returned it to Halfords who put a Yuasa tester on it and said the cells were ok so nothing they could do.

Ran with the battery a few weeks longer and still the same. Took it back again, told them it wouldn't  hold charge did the same test with same result.

Contacted Halfords customer services explained it all but they stand by their test. Bought a new battery but continued pushing Customer Services with no luck.

Contacted Yuasa who told me they sell my battery with a 1 yr guarantee. Contacted Halfords again who still wouldn’t budge. Got Yuasa operations manager to contact Halfords but they still won’t budge.

DO NOT BUY BATTERIES FROM HALFORDS! They use sharp practice in their sales techniques. ILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Like 1

When you next see a "free" battery check offer at Halfords, drive your car there.

Switch their bogus battery back in.

Call them out to check it.

"Sir....... your battery is dead.....we can sell you a new one"

Whip out your receipt and ask for your FREE replacement

• Like 4

On 27/09/2023 at 20:58, HEADPHONES said:

When you next see a "free" battery check offer at Halfords, drive your car there.

Switch their bogus battery back in.

Call them out to check it.

"Sir....... your battery is dead.....we can sell you a new one"

Whip out your receipt and ask for your FREE replacement

Sorry to hear this, clearly their testing equipment is pants and can't do a proper drop test.

Would love to see their faces in the above situation 😄

Edited by davey_83

We stock 1000's of Yuasa batteries at work & very rarely have a faulty one. For info, they have 3 different ranges, 1 yr, 3yr & 5yr warranties. Sounds like you're just unlucky. I can't remember the last time I bought anything from a Halfords.