Need a measurement please

Screemer

Could someone please measure the height of the base of the seat off the ground for me? I suffer with a lower back problem so just need to work out getting in and out before I splash the cash on a Nismo. Btw, there isn’t one near to me to go test drive. Thanks

• Like 1

I own a 2017 Nismo V2, a V1 may have a different dimension.

It'll be difficult to measure it accurately, but I'll have a go on the weekend. I'm no spring chicken and I don't have any back issues, but I find it more difficult to get out of, than fall into! Actually, difficult is the wrong word - I'd say awkward and needs just a tiny bit of thought!

If I've not responded by the end of this weekend, give me a reminder here.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Screemer said:

Thanks for that. Its only a rough idea. In what way do you find it awkward getting out of? Are you tall? Im 6'2 but find its my size 11 feet that get in my way with cars more than anything

Nope, 5'9" tall. At 6'2" it could be a bit tight.

10 hours ago, Screemer said:

Thanks for that. Its only a rough idea. In what way do you find it awkward getting out of? Are you tall? Im 6'2 but find its my size 11 feet that get in my way with cars more than anything

Okay, using a few basic tools, the base of the seat near the backrest is approximately 33cm above road level. This is of course less the compression when you're sat in the car.

IMG_20230727_185059573.jpg

IMG_20230727_184926997.jpg

IMG_20230727_184905942.jpg

IMG_20230727_184747119.jpg

IMG_20230727_184644205.jpg

• Like 1

Top work Keith. I see your Nismo is suffering from the renowned bolster wear. I used Auto Glym  leather balm to help reduce the wear when I had mine which was good. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Payco said:

Top work Keith. I see your Nismo is suffering from the renowned bolster wear. I used Auto Glym  leather balm to help reduce the wear when I had mine which was good. 

Yes Martin, it's looking a little worn in that area. I had a good tip from someone here the other day who used a leather paint, which was very successful on their seat. I tried the AG balm a few months back with little success, mine may have gone beyond that stage.

I wasn't actually sure that it was real leather, but if it is then I'll try the leather paint.

It’s not real leather , however the leather paint should work. I used a Amazon product on a very small area on my MR2 and less is more when you use this stuff but these products are pretty good. I can’t remember if the Nismo seat is dark black or a dark grey but be careful to match it or it will look awful.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Yes Martin, it's looking a little worn in that area. I had a good tip from someone here the other day who used a leather paint, which was very successful on their seat. I tried the AG balm a few months back with little success, mine may have gone beyond that stage.

I wasn't actually sure that it was real leather, but if it is then I'll try the leather paint.

I’d be interested to know what Leather paint you end up using as I have similar bolster wear. 

These are the items I purchased:

Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint for Sneakers, Shoes, Bags - 84 Colours - 1oz / 4oz | eBay (I chose Flat Black)

and

Angelus Brand Acrylic Leather Paint Finisher - Matte - 1oz 5060566190350 | eBay (Not used by me (yet!))

I also bought (recommended)

Dr Leather 40 x Leather Wipes For Cleaning Leather Car Interiors | eBay (and these lifted quite a lot of dirt before I started using the paint above)

and whilst I though about how to tackle this for a while I also bought

Angelus Paint Brush Set (5 Pack) 86366799512 | eBay (but I've only ever used the two smallest sizes - the smallest being the most useful)

Two things to add:

The Angelus Website has some useful tutorials: Video Tutorials - Angelus Paint

Jobs should only be undertaken on days you have a steady hand! 🙂  

• Thanks 1