Ed's Track focused 370z

Eddie_r32

Thought i would start a thread for my car partly to keep myself up to date with what ive done to it!

I purchased the car in January of 2022 as a bit of a birthday present to myself, the most expensive car i have bought, and i thought i bought a good one with all the importants bits done, mainly the clutch and slave, they put the old slave in, this has cost me thousands but im persevering!

so the spec list last updated 5th July 2023

image.png.c96458a5968aeedafa71c61291ee910b.png

its had a fair bit done to it, hopefully i have run out of things to do!

IMG20230201164425.jpg.e99f78dacc81228420584492eaad3fc3.jpgIMG20230218160812.jpg.ba0961bfa17ba487d9b2da29c30d45fd.jpgIMG20230430170523.jpg.512e3d8b8cf4c822c84a8d4869a4a4d3.jpgz1year.jpeg.fb27229dc8b36e06f3da0627bd4fa1c5.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

ive had a busy week or two with this car... Was heading to Caffeine and Machine to watch The Smoking Tire do a podcast, floored it to get onto motorway and alternator left the chat, limped it home, then jumped in my mate hybrid corolla to make the journey...ugh.

The following Monday a denso alternator landed on my doorstep so work commenced, Fitting alternators on 370z's is not that fun, you have do remove a fair bit to get to it, rad fans, coolant hoses and a few more bits, when that was done and car was in the air i thought i would fit the whiteline diff bushes that i have has sat on my shelf for a couple of months, not the worst job in the world but that diff is heavy, getting it back in on your own is a mission, anyway, the bushes in the ears are nice and easy, just hammer out and chuck new ones in the main bush in subframe takes some getting out, a recip saw and drill had it out with only mild swearing, fitting the new one was pretty easy as long as you have some diff removal tools, you will be able to make it work.

Quick tip dont try to undo the abs sensors from diff case instead of unplugging them... one undid then the second sheared off, this was all the excuse i needed to jump on Z1's website and order their rear diff cover, 2 days later that was on and filled with two l litres of motuls finest and diff was back on, along with lots of swearing as i lifted that thing back home.

The diff bushes are a must have mod, my car has about 88k on clock and the bushes really tightened up the back end, even the wife said that the car felt more stable as a passenger.

so now car was in the air and exhaust was off so in went the radium surge tank set up i purchased from Torqen about 4 months ago, not an awful job but not much fun as you are kinda playing with fire if anything went wrong, instructions are great but designed for lhd cars, that all done, the car sounds amazing when you turn ignition on as the aem and walbro fuel pump kick on, now i should have no more fuel starvation on trackdays.

i had one more thing to fit and that was a pedal commander i picked up on ebay for 99p, now i fitted this as i wanted a bit less throttle response, anyone who has done brands hatch in the wet will know how delicately you need to make inputs, this made a massive difference and for 99p cant complain would i spend 200 quid on one.. probably not

• Like 2

Noticed my OE fluid filled bush was leaking, so before doing any track time had them replaced for the whiteline items. Stock tired differential rubber bushings are terrible compared to poly bushes items, also felt the difference immediately.

• Like 1