New owner after advice

andy_370z

Hey everyone! Only had my 370z for a few months and this is my first post.
Im looking for a bit of advice I've just had a gemini invidia exhaust fitted and the sound is awesome but i have a problem with the car that i didnt notice before.
When slowing down and foot off the throttle the revs drop suddenly and bounce down to below idle then jumps back to above idle this causes the car to stutter slightly. 
The car drives like this under 30mph but over 30 its fine. Its never cut out and accelerating is fine and idle speed is fine. Its more noticeable in auto mode.
Has anyone else experienced this could it be the exhaust is not fitted right (vaccum leaking) or will a tune fix this.  Thanks guys in advance

Edited by andy_370z

• andy_370z changed the title to New owner after advice

Hi and welcome along buddy. Have you got a video of this for reference?  I am not sure I could hep you out but it does sound a little strange. I have an Invidia Gemini on my 1st 370z and had no issues at all with it even when I had high flow cats fitted. I would hope it is something simple though.

hi Andy Thanks for the reply

Yeah its a strange issue  im woundering whether a clogged up cat would cause this  i drove home form work today and put my foot down a little and  im gettting a strong sulpher smell. 

I also noticed, if i have the AC on the revs dont drop as low.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all a quick follow up on this issue. Ive brought an obd scanner and have one DTC code P1585 Throttle Control Unit Malfunction. So im guessing this is my problem. Anyone know if this is a easy fix or should i take it to the Nissan.