Winter Car Cover

SW66TTT

My car isn't garaged its just on my driveway, I'm unlikely to use it too much over the winter so I'm thinking about a car cover, I want something that's going to do a good job of protecting the car not just a cheap solution to save a few quid.  I've looked into it a bit and I think I need something which is waterproof and also breathable.  My car does have a lot of rush issues, rear arches, sills, underneath the car and I plan to get it all treated but it might have to wait until next summer so I need something to protect the car and hopefully aid in the rust not getting much worse over the winter.

Whats everyone using? and can recommend?

Thanks very much 

Personally, think they do more harm than good. Be far better off getting a detail done and a good ceramic coating.

Covers trap moisture, dust gets in, ready for you to unwrap a scratched up mouldy mess of a car in spring.

Coat the paintwork, and let it sit. The sun does far more damage than a bit of rain and snow ever would :thumbs:

On 24/09/2022 at 16:28, Willsy1980 said:

Personally, think they do more harm than good. Be far better off getting a detail done and a good ceramic coating.

Covers trap moisture, dust gets in, ready for you to unwrap a scratched up mouldy mess of a car in spring.

Coat the paintwork, and let it sit. The sun does far more damage than a bit of rain and snow ever would :thumbs:

Yeh good point, its a shame I don't have a garage would be the best option but I might just keep it on the drive take it out now and again and keep it clean.  Then early next year sort out all the rust 

• Like 1

I've just given an out side cover away. Sorry 

But I rent a garage and I use old carpet on the floor and walls and I've bought some bed sheets off ebay just to drop over. 

If you can get hold of a garage you don't need a cover as the guys have said covers blow in the wind trap everything and scratch it .Good luck and keep the faith 

1 hour ago, pintopete58 said:

I've just given an out side cover away. Sorry 

But I rent a garage and I use old carpet on the floor and walls and I've bought some bed sheets off ebay just to drop over. 

If you can get hold of a garage you don't need a cover as the guys have said covers blow in the wind trap everything and scratch it .Good luck and keep the faith 

yeh I might keep an eye out for garages, or talk my parents into clearing the crap out their garage so I can keep my car in there 

Any reason why you don't plan to use it over winter?

I've used mine daily for 17 years unless it's snowing as I don't have winter tyres and she doesn't like some of the steep inclines I drive past.

The exterior copes fine with winter when coated with a good wax/sealant.

Soft99 Fusso is cheap and easy if you don't want to go full on ceramic coating and is considered by many detailers on YouTube to be as durable as they come next to a ceramic.

On 25/09/2022 at 21:27, HEADPHONES said:

Any reason why you don't plan to use it over winter?

I've used mine daily for 17 years unless it's snowing as I don't have winter tyres and she doesn't like some of the steep inclines I drive past.

The exterior copes fine with winter when coated with a good wax/sealant.

Soft99 Fusso is cheap and easy if you don't want to go full on ceramic coating and is considered by many detailers on YouTube to be as durable as they come next to a ceramic.

I have another car as my daily drive, I have quite a long commute, the Z is my weekend toy.

I've watched a few videos on Soft99 Fusso, that stuff looks amazing!