Opinions or 1st hand experience....

Willsy1980

They scream electric supercharger to me, but proven gains are proven gains. I suspect those gains are likely with supporting mods though, and I can think of better places to spend £300 (lighter exhaust, for example). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ekona said:

They scream electric supercharger to me, but proven gains are proven gains. I suspect those gains are likely with supporting mods though, and I can think of better places to spend £300 (lighter exhaust, for example). 

Yeah I was a bit sceptical of the claims, I have the full Z1 intake. Buying HFC's this weekend. Got short-tails on.

Pondering the plenum swap and these before a remap, think that's about all I can do before its a case of bolting some boost to it etc.

So feeling is, can't do any harm but a pricey risk for potentially nothing in return. 

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Did you consider Headers? I heard they change the signature sound. Any gains to he had from changing it?

Im sure there are gains to be had changing the headers, but i think the work involved out weighs the worth doing them. Im considering the aftermarket plenum, but that may be after the remap and then get it tweaked again if I do. It will get to the stage where I may as well just save up and go FI..... 

On 16/07/2022 at 10:03, GranTurismoEra said:

For the Ecutek map? You going to get the IPAD etc? or too much?!

Think the App works on Android now so will pop it on my phone. I have an Ipad but its a little too big to mount without major dash mods, dont really want to do that.

But yeah thats the EcuTek map with all features apparently.

Grabbed the HFC's today so once they are on i'll decided on the silver bullets. Then map time :) 

Just a holder or magnetic holder...Yep no need to rip console out. Apple car play android is a bit of an effort so is the braniac. Apparently the apple car play like for like replacement is slightly easier and leaves it looking oem. But yeah with the new rules regarding pads and phones a bit of a hairy area.

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Just a holder or magnetic holder...Yep no need to rip console out. Apple car play android is a bit of an effort so is the braniac. Apparently the apple car play like for like replacement is slightly easier and leaves it looking oem. But yeah with the new rules regarding pads and phones a bit of a hairy area.

Yeah ive seen the mag mounts, just not sure I want to be trying pick an Ipad up every time I boot it down a B road...

Ive seen the mod where the entire waterfall is chopped up and the Pad goes in, its a bit OTT for me to do that. Im pinning all hopes on the Android app having the same features as Ant's.

As long as I can swap maps, and see the temps etc, i'll be happy