Halfords - yar or nay?

linkster

Scraped my offside wheel arch against the bumper of a land rover so have a black streak of a couple of inches :rant:

Thinking of taking it to Halfords who offer a budget body shop - anyone know if they should be trustworthy?

P21S is a wax Chris ;):)

Clay bar could be a start. If not, try something with a moderate cut like AG Super Resin Polish. If that isn't getting it off, you could try something with a bit more cut like AG Paint Renovator or Poorboy SSR3.

Any pics of it?

Basically, I would avoid Halfords! :headhurt:

P21S is a wax Chris ;):)

Think P21S do more than just wax acutally ;)

But yes, try things moving up in their abrasiveness, so claybar, AG SRP, PB SSR2.5/3 or maybe (heaven forbid) a touch of T-cut.

All I can see Halfrauds saying is that it will need spot respraing, so may as well give it a go yourself with polish. If not I am sure they will do a good job, they contract it out to companies so sure it will be fine :thumbs:

EDIT: Nice one, glad to see its sorted! :teeth:

• 1 month later...
Scraped my offside wheel arch against the bumper of a land rover so have a black streak of a couple of inches :rant:

Thinking of taking it to Halfords who offer a budget body shop - anyone know if they should be trustworthy?

Have you tried a semi-abrasive scratch removal product? 9/10 times it is rub off from the other car and may not have done damage, try some t-cut scratch remover or similar and rub rub rub untilthe scratch has gone? Just a suggestion as without seeing it, can't be sure...

Halfords are just going to be contracting it out so you may as well just go straight to the guys who are actually doing it. Just ring around a few local bodyshops and I am sure you will get a price thats is better than halfords.

If you go to a bodyshop mention its a private job and if you can pay by cash all the better (means they get straight payment rather than having to wait months to get money of insurance companies)