Water leak!

phoenix

Last thursday night i came home and noticed water was leaking from under the bonnet at the very front on the driver's side it was a constant leak not a slight drip. Took it to Nissan today who said something on the lines about the change in weather temperature and that it is normal, even though it stopped leaking after 2 to 3 days and the air con works what do you think? Oh and the water was clear and did not smell. My 350z is brand new only a month old app.

The washer bottle is in that corner - might be worth checking, but I agree take it to someone else for a second opinion..

+1 - but have you been using the air-con a lot?. If so it could be that as its new that some excess condensation has deposited itself.

Easy to check the levels of both the radiator and the washer bottle (hold your finger over the air hole in the cap of the latter as you pull it away so as to see the level in the tube). As you said it was clear and no smell it is unlikley to be either, unless no windscreen wash has been put in the system ;)

Hi Z fanatic, your reply is kind of what the Nissan dealer gave me not really used the air con yet just the heater, i have checked all top up's and there fine but is there one to check for the air con?

Hi Z fantastic, your reply is kind of what the Nissan dealer gave me not really used the air con yet just the heater, i have checked all top up's and there fine but is there one to check for the air con?

Sealed system - you would need to get the garage to check it, but first i suggest you run it for a while, switch off and see if 'your' puddle starts to appear - would be quite normal as all air-cons deposit condensation. :thumbs:

Can't say I have spotted mine doing this - it's been so wet anyway, but my Audi deposits water underneath the car if I've been on a decent run. Apparently it is the Air Con condenser. Removes water from the air as it cools it and then when you stop and turn off the engine it drops it onto the floor just under engine on drivers side.

I didn't beleive them at first but after 3 yrs and no fluid levels ever been topped up i guess they right.

Maybe this, but get it checked out if your concerned, especially with it being brand new. Hope you get it sorted.

Air con dehumidifies the air, and then deposits the moisture it accumulates when the unit is switched off. Perfectly normal. Even when using the heater I would recommend keeping the air con on in a Zed as it runs smoother (most get lumpy idle with it off) and keeps the unit working. :thumbs:

Air con dehumidifies the air, and then deposits the moisture it accumulates when the unit is switched off. Perfectly normal. Even when using the heater I would recommend keeping the air con on in a Zed as it runs smoother (most get lumpy idle with it off) and keeps the unit working. :thumbs:

+1 - especially handly when you are demisting your windscreen, thats why aircon cars do it quicker ;)

Dunno if they moved anything on the 07's but I had my car serviced yesterday and noticed water underneath the car when I came back from the dealers.

Was there today aswell - so rang them up being paranoid they have mucked up.

My pool of water is just behind the passenger side front wheel. Dealer told me it's the air con condensing water and dripping out. Makes sense with the hot weather - 1st time I've used the air con I think since I've owned it.

You should keep your aircon on all the time. Air con dosnt mean cold air. It just meens that it sorts the condensation out and makes sure your seals stay in condition.

If you leave the aircon on, leave it on bring air from outside and then change the temp to siut conditions. Auto should be used on the aircon and "where the air is going" dials....

Phoenix, I am guessing its just condensation esp from the area discribed. But a 2nd opinion of a garage may be needed!