StopTech Big Brake Kits

350Zebedee

Hey All

This is my first time on this forum.

Only just bought my 350Z last week.

I want a StopTech Big Brake for my 350Z

They are awesome. I had one on my old skyline.

I don't believe in paying full price so i've shopped around and if we put together a group buy we can save 15%. :teeth:

Anybody interested?

p.s. when I drive my 350Z around corners I can hear water slooshing?

Any Idea what that is?

:headhurt:

Hey All

This is my first time on this forum.

Only just bought my 350Z last week.

I want a StopTech Big Brake for my 350Z

They are awesome. I had one on my old skyline.

I don't believe in paying full price so i've shopped around and if we put together a group buy we can save 15%. :teeth:

Anybody interested?

p.s. when I drive my 350Z around corners I can hear water slooshing?

Any Idea what that is?

:headhurt:

might be where you taken a corner so fast you wet yourself :lol:;) Welcome mate to the forum, I looked into stoptech brakes pm Tere she has a great contact at extremely good prices in the states :thumbs:

Cheers for the welcome Phil.

How easy is it to buy from the states? VAT, Duty etc.

I bought stuff in the past from the USA off ebay and never got charge either .

On big expensive parts I always prefer to buy in the UK. Just incase they go wrong.

There a massive range for the 350Z.

If I find 4 other buyer then we'll save 15%.

I'm after the 355x32mm 4 pot kit. (RRP £1,899.99) so I'll save £285

the range starts from £1,599.99 and goes up to £3,399.99

(or £1360 to £2890 in our case :teeth:)

pictures at http://www.stoptech.com/satisfied_customers/350z.shtml

(Check out the 4th picture down, Does anyone know anything about that body kit?

I want one!)

hey Trev-the-Rev

Cheers fir the welcom

The sound sounds as thou It's coming from inside the rear quarter panel behind the door? It's only just started since it poured down yesterday morning.

Some owners have complained of water getting into the boot area so that might be a good place to start.

I'm Liking your ESR 6 pots

How well does the paint finish cope with high temperatures thou?

same finish as used on AP and Brembo, the pic of the brakes on the car is after some serious workouts and no discolouration of the finish.

Or we could do you our own 6 pot kit with 355mm two piece discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, stainless lines and Motul fluid for £1495.

callipers and bells virtually any colour you want.

unit075.jpg

esrbrakes002.jpg

they are the closest thing i have seen to a wet dream :blush:

Cheers for the welcome Phil.

How easy is it to buy from the states? VAT, Duty etc.

I bought stuff in the past from the USA off ebay and never got charge either .

On big expensive parts I always prefer to buy in the UK. Just incase they go wrong.

There a massive range for the 350Z.

If I find 4 other buyer then we'll save 15%.

I'm after the 355x32mm 4 pot kit. (RRP £1,899.99) so I'll save £285

the range starts from £1,599.99 and goes up to £3,399.99

(or £1360 to £2890 in our case :teeth:)

pictures at http://www.stoptech.com/satisfied_customers/350z.shtml

(Check out the 4th picture down, Does anyone know anything about that body kit?

I want one!)

Welcome mate. That kit would be the Veilside V3 (i think), couple of members have the kit with pics on site :thumbs:

hey Trev-the-Rev

Cheers fir the welcom

The sound sounds as thou It's coming from inside the rear quarter panel behind the door? It's only just started since it poured down yesterday morning.

is the carpet wet anywhere?

sorry have no idea about brakes.. but i was thinking cant we just upgrade the rears to same spec as fronts?

No it would mess up the brake balance (i.e. distrobution of force supplied to front and rear). You need to keep this the same to avoid uncontrollable lockups (too much rear bias) or putting too much stress on the front (rears not working enough). Most BB kits are specially designed to keep the brake balance as near standard as possible - I know Phils is and StopTechs will be :thumbs:

ok..cheers the explanation.. im assuming i will need upgrade when ive gone FI (when i finally get there).

I personally would say yes. More power is more temptation to go fast, and the faster you are going, the better your brakes will need to be. Especially important on the track.

Really though, its up to you. Some will argue you wont go any faster in terms of top speed, only accelleration, so bigger brakes dont matter, but I would want to upgrade everything if I was doing a big power hike.

ok..cheers the explanation.. im assuming i will need upgrade when ive gone FI (when i finally get there).

Out of interest which turbo kit are you going for? I'd also consider upgrading the suspension if going FI

i was thinking turbonetics..with minor mods from US.

But as ive experienced...anything from US thats expensive and technical will be hassle to replace if anything goes wrong...

Maybe Phil has a better solution.. i just wanted an economy option, approx 360hp at the wheels (450 at the crank) with single Turbo unit.

i was thinking turbonetics..with minor mods from US.

But as ive experienced...anything from US thats expensive and technical will be hassle to replace if anything goes wrong...

Maybe Phil has a better solution.. i just wanted an economy option, approx 360hp at the wheels (450 at the crank) with single Turbo unit.

engine won't take 450bhp at the crank without internals, you ar better off with a UK supplied and fitted kit at least it can then be supported if anyhing goes wrong, personally love the Power Enterprise kit as it retains the character of the car.

power enterprise.. is it direct bolt on kit? im worried abotu spending £10k.. when it shudnt really cost that.

Unfortunately we're not the US so mods like this will cost a lot. Look at the price of the Zed over there, its about half the cost of here. Same with all mods. However, no turbo is going to be plug and play, so I'd rather pay extra now than have a US kit bolted on to find it go pop. 450BPH at the crank is never going to be an economy option either :surrender: