V5 disaster

Simon16500

Hoping that anyone with a 350 Roadster can help.

I live in France and bought my 350Z in the UK last year, March.  I left it there in a panic when Lockdown happened and hotfooted it back to France and waited.  In June the Lockdown lifted slightly and I managed to get a lift to the UK, met a friend in Folkestone, bought a bag of chips and back on the Channel Tunnel.  Then had reminders about the Road Tax running out, and like a total and complete idiot I filled in the export section on the V5 and posted the whole V5 back to Swansea.

I had more reminders and it turned out my V5 didnt arrive and still hasnt, but over the phone they exported the car for me.

Then I come to try to register the car in France (having parked the car in the barn over the winter) and I cant do it without the V5.  French bureaucracy is difficult at the best of times and complicated conversations in French are not my best skill.

It now turns out that my best option is to import it back to the UK, and then export it again keeping the V5.

So I am filling out a V55/5 and although I can get answers to some of the questions from the car, I have no idea what some of the boxes need which I assume are standard to all 350Z's.

Is anyone able to send a scan of their V5, blanking out anything thats private, just so that I can put some answers down.

Import.pdf

5 minutes ago, Simon16500 said:

Its the information on the attachment I posted, Probably from number 9 onwards

Are you having a laugh, as there are 61 boxes on that form.

Tell me what information you require from a Roadster V5 and I will provide that information to you.

• Haha 1

Thanks so much, that is invaluable.

I suspect some of the questions on my form dont need answers as your V5 doesnt have an entry next to them.

I will send it off and see what happens, but as long as you know that if I get it registered over here, I couldnt have done it without your help, so gold star, good boy badge and all that

Thanks, Simon

Wow, sounds like a nightmare.

Hope you get it sorted.

I had a bit of a battle getting my S12 V5 with all the correct info, they were trying to say it was rebuilt and I was in dnager of getting a Q plate at one point, but thankfully I plenty of documentation to prove everything.

PS. I know it is no help now but for reference, never send anything to a government body without taking copies, driving license, V5 etc etc etc. 

Edited by Sim

On 26/05/2021 at 17:33, ZMANALEX said:

Are you having a laugh, as there are 61 boxes on that form.

Tell me what information you require from a Roadster V5 and I will provide that information to you.

All I could think of when I read this 

download.jpeg