Spacers question

Digsy

Digsy - dont the above part numbers dictate two different widths? (doing some research myself too)

i.e. 90-4-15-001 dictates 15mm per space (total track widening of 30mm)

and 90-4-25-019 gives 25mm per side (total trak widening of 50mm)

Yup, that was my initial enquiry to Eibach using the sizes ir_fuel has on his. Phil actually recommends 20mm all round. I don't believe our Belgian buddy has had any problems though.

Depending on the width of spacer, the existing/original hub studs can protrude out further than the face of the spacer. Some alloy wheels do not have a recess on the inside of the wheel to accomodate any protusions from existing studs.

I think that's why their smaller spacers aren't available in type 4 design.

Digsy,

The alloys in my post "Please help the newbie II" have bolt on fitted. Took a complete novice like me hour and a half to do the lot, no problem and easily reversible. I got the bolt ons from www.dp-motorsports.co.uk (think they are in Scotland) speak to Dougie - very helpful.

No drilling etc. Just had to remove one small bolt from the front discs.

R

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of getting 20mm spacers myself. Noticed some on ebay that are TUV approved and have asked the seller if they are hubcentric. Ive attempted to copy the link, although it looks very long and probably wont work. Dont know what Im doing dont you know! Anyway hope it does. blush: . Anyone got an opinion on them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALLOY-WHEEL-SPACE ... dZViewItem

Why not go and see BigPhil. In your neck of the woods and he'll be able to fit them. I think digsy put 25mm on the back and 15mm on the front

+1 It might be a little more expensive than your ebay ones but they'll be good quality Eibach hubcentric spacers. :thumbs:

Why not go and see BigPhil. In your neck of the woods and he'll be able to fit them. I think digsy put 25mm on the back and 15mm on the front

+1 It might be a little more expensive than your ebay ones but they'll be good quality Eibach hubcentric spacers. :thumbs:

What was the end result Digsy, did you fit spacers? what size did you end up with? and have you got a picture? ;)

Not the best but all I have at the moment...

You can see the difference between my rear arch and black Zed in front. I've 25mm on the rear and 15mm on the front but if I would be tempted to go 20mm front as they could be more aggressive. The rears are perfect IMHO.

Silly question, but what are the advantages of spacer other than it looks so much better?

It widens the track and therefore could be argued it will improve the grip. The main advantage though is as you say, it looks better. :)

I only did it for the aesthetics. :thumbs:

Silly question, but what are the advantages of spacer other than it looks so much better?

It widens the track and therefore could be argued it will improve the grip. The main advantage though is as you say, it looks better. :)

So kind of changes the mass of the car to spread over a wider square footage, thus improving the roll of the car and therefore grip?

So kind of changes the mass of the car to spread over a wider square footage, thus improving the roll of the car and therefore grip?

Yeah I suppose you could say that. The improvement in grip however is so marginal you probably wouldn't notice any difference imo.

Yeah I suppose you could say that. The improvement in grip however is so marginal you probably wouldn't notice any difference imo.

Bought a set of 20mm spacers from Phil and fitted them last week. I certainly can notice a difference. Apart from the much improved looks, I do seem to get more feeling through the steering wheel and also feel a difference in the corners. I don’t scream around corners but I can notice the difference so much so its raised my confidence level.

Well worth the money. Just wish Id fitted them sooner which

:thumbs: