Japanese Tuning Show 2008, Silverstone

Auto-Media

For those inquiring about helmets, its far cheaper to get one off Tim as he does them at a bargin price. Used more than twice it will easily pay for itself so just get one bought.

Re the towing eye- you will most likely have to have the covers off the bumpers and the eye in one of them. They will probably want to see that they will be able to recover you and not take your word that you have it in the car ;)

Make sure also....

you have a long sleeve top, minimal contents in your boot and enjoy yourselves.

Flat out into copse.... :teeth:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time are we meeting up in the morning and where? We need to collect the entrance/stand tickets if nothing else :thumbs:

H5, any idea's? Are you posting tickets to us?

1. H5............................CONFIRMED - PAID (TRACK)

2. HarlowS +1 (Hanel replacing)...............CONFIRMED - PAID

3. Chris`I +1..................CONFIRMED - PAID

4. Ardesco.....................CONFIRMED - PAID

5. lotuscc......................CONFIRMED - PAID (TRACK) (already done direct)

6. Mitchell +1................CONFIRMED - PAID

7. Ian +1......................CONFIRMED - PAID

8. choptop + son............CONFIRMED - PAID (cheque)

9. Ando +1....................CONFIRMED - PAID (TRACK)

10. Shire.......................CONFIRMED - PAID (cheque)

11. lomoto.....................CONFIRMED - PAID (TRACK)

12. Mr Lizard +1 ...........CONFIRMED - PAYMENT ON WAY (TRACK)

13. sunset350z +1.........CONFIRMED - PAID

14. Neil +1....................CONFIRMED - PAID

15. rockin robin +1........CONFIRMED

16. 350zcwm +1............CONFIRMED - PAID DIRECT

17. hotpipe....................CONFIRMED - PAID DIRECT

18. MARTIN1980+1........CONFIMRED - PAYMENT SENT TO ORG

19. Patto +1..................CONFIRMED - PAYMENT SENT TO ORG

20. Dunker +1...............POSSIBLE - TICKETS IN HAND

21. motorboy.................CONFIRMED - PAYING DIRECT

I will be speaking with the organisers first thing tomorrow to see what is happening with the tickets. With there only being 4 working days left I expect to have them all with me and I will hand out passes at the gate. Might need a volunteer to help sort the stand / help with the tickets if there are any early birds out there!

Right, update time.

Have spoken to the organisers this morning, and things are looking OK so far.

They have confirmed the 15 I have arranged payment for, and confirmed that 350zcwm and hotpipe have been added. lotuscc and motorboy, I have been told that they allowed me an extra 2 spaces on the stand, so once you get your tickets call me when you get there and I will let you know where we are. Hanel, once you've sorted out payment with HarlowS I will have your tickets coming to me and will meet you at the gate. Tickets were sent out on 23rd so I expect them today.....

TRACK NEWS

In the pack I will be receiving with our tickets in, will be the briefing times for the track.

Requirements so far are -

Long sleeves

Driving licence

Helmet required (hire available above race control)

Roadworthy car

Once I get anymore details, I will pass them on.

Any volunteer(s) for the morning?? :)

I dont mind coming along early to help mate, if I get in.

Ive faxed off the form this morning and told them to call me if thier any problems. I said to add me to the stand and they said thier is enough space.

You should be fine Jon, I said there were a couple more wanting to come and she said there should be space. As long as it doesn't look like a car park we'll be fine. :thumbs:

As for leaving time, they don't tend to be hugely strict. :)

You should be fine Jon, I said there were a couple more wanting to come and she said there should be space. As long as it doesn't look like a car park we'll be fine. :thumbs:

quote]

What time are you getting their? I will try and get their at the same time to help out.

quote]

What time are you getting their? I will try and get their at the same time to help out.

Early. Will leave this way about 6.45 probably to get up there for 8 and when people start to arrive and make sure we get everyone on the stand. Could meet up in Maidenhead and head up?

quote]

Early. Will leave this way about 6.45 probably to get up there for 8 and when people start to arrive and make sure we get everyone on the stand. Could meet up in Maidenhead and head up?

Sounds like a plan, Meet near the A4/A404 Jct?

quote]

Sounds like a plan, Meet neat the A4/A404 Jct?

7am at the Thicket roundabout, layby on the A4?

I was aiming to get there for 7.30- 8am, silverstone can be a nightmare to get in to at big car shows, have been to a lot of ford shows over the years, I don't mind helping out setting or up the stand, etc.

I'll be heading down the M1 from Junc 21 if anyones going down that way?

Ando.

quote]

Sounds like a plan, Meet near the A4/A404 Jct?

See you then mate.

What time do we need to meet you on the gate mate? I've prob missed this if its been said before :blush:

Where abouts is that? Depending on what time we have to be there, I may be able to get along (it adds about 20mins to the journey) and travel up with you chaps. Depends if the other half gets out of bed of course!

What time do we need to meet you on the gate mate? I've prob missed this if its been said before :blush:

Where abouts is that? Depending on what time we have to be there, I may be able to get along (it adds about 20mins to the journey) and travel up with you chaps. Depends if the other half gets out of bed of course!

It is the first roundabout off the A404(M) northbound towards the M40, after you have left the M4 at j8/9 - know it? :)

I have the tickets in my hands. :)

IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL ATTENDING

The gates are open from 0600 on Sunday 1st June, and set-up shuts at 0900 hrs. After this time, there is no further vehicle movement allowed. So you all need to be in the show BY 0900

To get in, head for the main entrance, I will be there with your passes. We are on stand B2.

TRACK TIME - briefings are 0830 - 0900 and 0900 - 0930 hrs. Given our time is now 1055 hrs, I will have to leave the gate to attend a briefing but will leave the tickets and my phone with someone so we can continue to get people in.

Jon, think we may want to head up a bit earlier?

It is the first roundabout off the A404(M) northbound towards the M40, after you have left the M4 at j8/9 - know it? :)

Think so, but as you and Jon are planning to be going earlier, my co-driver will never get up that early, especially when we need to do a 40mile detour in the afternoon to get this bike rack! Will probably head up and meet you on the gate at no later than 8:30am :thumbs::yawn:

I guess its lucky that i'll be staying over on the saturday, Id have to leave here about 4am otherwise :scare:

The hotel im staying in is only 8 miles from silverstone but im guessing its stil gonna take me atleast an hr to get through the traffic?

Am doing my best guys, will bring the packaging from Zedrush's mods to cover the show ground if needs be.

Jon, I'll leave at 6.20 and be there 6.30, just to get a start on the queues?