New 2021 Mercedes EQS

neo

13 minutes ago, neo said:

that's one odd shaped TV :blush:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/eqs

i still like physical buttons and knobs in normal cars tho as you can feel where they are and still look ahead, not have to look down and make sure your press the right part of the screen :scare::drive1

Same here wooden dash and thick chrome switches that click and a knife switch as the indicator stalk make from cast metal. :lol:

But sadly the PlayStation pandering continues, bright colours and animations it's a cheap way to upgrade the interior without physical switchgear. Probably fantastic but for me physical switches still better. 

10 minutes ago, stanski said:

Same here wooden dash and thick chrome switches that click and a knife switch as the indicator stalk make from cast metal. :lol:

But sadly the PlayStation pandering continues, bright colours and animations it's a cheap way to upgrade the interior without physical switchgear. Probably fantastic but for me physical switches still better. 

Metal toggle switchs:)

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

Too right proper metal and none of that plastic chrome rubbish either. RS or Farnell stuff. 

My mate tells me even the Bentley Continental has plastichrome organ stop vent adjusters. Plastichrome on a Bentley come on!  Cheap skates. :lol:

1 hour ago, stanski said:

Too right proper metal and none of that plastic chrome rubbish either. RS or Farnell stuff. 

My mate tells me even the Bentley Continental has plastichrome organ stop vent adjusters. Plastichrome on a Bentley come on!  Cheap skates. :lol:

There ain't no school like old school :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Metal toggle switchs:)

chrome, perforated metal, lined with thick rubber underbodies, well oiled ball bearings. The use of quality materials like alcantara, premium scratchless plastic and soft matte finishes. So 2019.

All replaced by extended custom designed AMOLED screens that curve and bend to you the driver. Now password protected with valet mode perhaps. Innovative ;)

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1