Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stan_370

370Z Nismo 2018 Grand Touring / Mild Track Build

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I thought about doing this a long time ago, but never had the time to write a actual post. However, at the suggestion of others I figured why not.

 

Power / Delivery / Cooling:

368 hp / 405 nm

 

EcuTek Tune 

AAM Competition R-Line Cold Air Intake

Torqen Helmz Resonated Test Pipes 

Custom Build 2.5 inch X-pipe Valves Controlled Exhaust 

4.08 Final Gear OEM 

Nismo GT LSD PRO 1.5 Way 

Setrab 19 Row Differential Cooler 

Setrab 34 Row Oil Cooler 

Setrab 6 Row Power Steering Cooler 

Mocal Electric Differential Oil Pump With Integral Cooling Fan

ZSpeed CMAK CSC Delete

ZSpeed Aluminium Undershroud

South Bend Billet Steel Race Flywheel 24 lbs

Exedy Pro Clutch 

Z1 Urethane Motor Mounts

Z1 Urethane Transmission Mounts 

Z1 High Capacity Differential Cover

Z1 Fuel Anti-Starvation Kit 

Z1 Clutch Lines

DeatschWorks Fuel Pump

JWT Oil Pan Spacer

 

Handling / Chassis / Brakes:

 

KW Variant 3 Coilovers

DifTech Monoball Front & Rear Shock Hats

Hotchicks Front Sway Bar

SPL Front Upper Monoball Camber/Caster Arms

SPL Front Lower Arm Monoball Impact Bushings

SPL Front Inner Monoball Lower Arm Bushings

SPL Rear Knuckle Monoball Bushings

SPL Solid Subframe Bushings

SPL Solid Differential Mount Bushings

SPL Rear Toe Arms

Bell Raceworks Differential Brace

TruHart Rear Camber Arms

Kinetix Rear Traction Arms

Carbon Lorraine RC5+ Brake Pads

Z1 Two-Piece Front & Rear Brake Rotors

Z1 Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Z1 Brake Master Cylinder Brace

2.5 Inch Custom Build Brake Cooling Kit

Custom Build Front & Rear Titanium Brake Pad Shrims

 

Front Alignment:

Caster +8.5

Camber -3.0 

Toe 0

 

Rear Alignment

Camber -2.4

Toe +0.16 Total

 

 

Driver Feel / Interior :

RJM Performance Adjustable Clutch Pedal

Torque Solution Short Shifter With 10 cm Extension

Nismo Shift Knob Titanium GT

MTEC Shifter Springs

Flat Buttoned Steering Wheel

Custom Blank Switch Replacement with 3 Illuminated buttons – YAW sensor switch, exhaust valves and trunk release

Recaro Seat Base Rebuild – Seating Position Lowered by 3 cm

Steering Wheel Column extended by 2.5 cm towards the driver

 

Fluids: 

Millers CFS NT+ 10W60 

Millers CRX NT+ LS 75W140

Millers CRX NT+ 75W110 

Motul RBF660

 

ig: nismo_fairlady

 

 

 

3.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

102945153_1578491158973865_7502496847437496320_n.jpg

received_650594965766603 (1).jpeg

received_500239837528687 (1).jpeg

received_2786781634734959.jpeg

93060853_529977860993772_902089985681784832_n.jpg

received_271357347165000.jpeg

IMG_20200421_160155_786.jpg

IMG_20200421_160153_581.jpg

94037014_106390871046654_3124286200408440832_o.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Stan_370
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic pictures, fantastic car!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Epic build you have there, pretty expensive parts you've fitted too. Curious on your engine oil choice as 10w 60 is pretty damn thick. Love how you've done your brake cooling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

10W60 works best for me. I know it is a controversial matter around here but I have tested 10W60 since my first ever oil change after 1000 km from dealership and now after over 100k km of millage and regular track beatings, my engine is in beautiful shape and has absolutely no signs of premature wear (it was opened up recently). People driving hard on factory 5w30 (and way too long oil change intervals) are the key reason why you get all of those blown engine stories. Even with 34 row oil cooler VQ engines are running extremely hot and thick engine oil is crucial to protect enginie components at high temps. 110316661_3188067647902965_3131216630412269468_n.jpg.ca27989786d79566d0f0ed23a25cb1ef.jpg

Edited by Stan_370

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It clearly works for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely incredible :thumbs:

 

Do you have any more info on your brake cooling set up? And did the titanium shims make much to difference?

 

Also are you running the stock nismo rear arb along with the hotchkis front bar? 

Edited by dave_7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That shifter setup look beautiful!! 

 

Surprised you got out of 2nd gear on that karting track, good going.

 

Any pictures of your mates red 350z?

Edited by davey_83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 18:42, dave_7 said:

This is absolutely incredible :thumbs:

 

Do you have any more info on your brake cooling set up? And did the titanium shims make much to difference?

 

Also are you running the stock nismo rear arb along with the hotchkis front bar? 

 Thank you ;)

 

As requested more pictures of brake cooling kit. It it fully custom design, but proved to be highly effective on the race track. 

 

93129117_709679903170535_5210657759481036800_n.jpg.b88f3f23ca356951261e5ee6cfb2ab15.jpg

received_175424100448731.jpeg.782dadfb22ea1decfe408a8ca66e07cf.jpeg

92912988_230460628297094_3447844138563665920_n.jpg.4f74259aede5d9b58d41e46b3fa70e9c.jpg

93198757_656269914934803_7979836072446132224_n.jpg.f74e2ff1340690e4a9b1fc69bfda95d7.jpg

93102842_241903970332445_5529893032096169984_n.jpg.48e7737b0c9b307d8c60ed544486b354.jpg

 

Titanium brake pads shrims - they are suppose to reduce temps of brake fluid and to protect the brake calipers from high temperature. So far I think they have been working out pretty well. My brake calipers are in great condition and never really overheated my brake fluid yet on this set up.

 

Also concerning swaybars -  hotchicks front, stock nismo rear. I read on forums that people enjoy this combination, so I gave it a shot with only stiff front, loved it straight away and never felt the need to stiffen up the rear. I think stiffer sway bar at the rear could make the experience worse 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/09/2020 at 20:20, davey_83 said:

That shifter setup look beautiful!! 

 

Surprised you got out of 2nd gear on that karting track, good going.

 

Any pictures of your mates red 350z?

4.08 final gear magic. Most of the racing track in Poland unfortunately look like this and shorter final gear was essential for me to stop using 1st gear while racing - you have to compensate with gears for such lack of power :(

 

Also as requested more pictures of my friends 350Z Nismo - we do a lot of racing together and his Zee is also nicely modified - Tomei exhaust, KW Clubsport, Nismo LSD, Recaro CS and so on.

Untitled-47_copy(1).jpg.c3b92b2355e52deeefc1f0db956456bc.jpg

Untitled-41_copy(1).jpg.eb975826636bf189f4d417918b7f4bd0.jpgDSC_0066-01_Fotor1586783489087.jpg.0afccb5c704a64e99fcf076aa04a32b4.jpg

Edited by Stan_370
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Stan_370 said:

 Thank you ;)

 

As requested more pictures of brake cooling kit. It it fully custom design, but proved to be highly effective on the race track. 

 

93129117_709679903170535_5210657759481036800_n.jpg.b88f3f23ca356951261e5ee6cfb2ab15.jpg

received_175424100448731.jpeg.782dadfb22ea1decfe408a8ca66e07cf.jpeg

92912988_230460628297094_3447844138563665920_n.jpg.4f74259aede5d9b58d41e46b3fa70e9c.jpg

93198757_656269914934803_7979836072446132224_n.jpg.f74e2ff1340690e4a9b1fc69bfda95d7.jpg

93102842_241903970332445_5529893032096169984_n.jpg.48e7737b0c9b307d8c60ed544486b354.jpg

 

Titanium brake pads shrims - they are suppose to reduce temps of brake fluid and to protect the brake calipers from high temperature. So far I think they have been working out pretty well. My brake calipers are in great condition and never really overheated my brake fluid yet on this set up.

 

Also concerning swaybars -  hotchicks front, stock nismo rear. I read on forums that people enjoy this combination, so I gave it a shot with only stiff front, loved it straight away and never felt the need to stiffen up the rear. I think stiffer sway bar at the rear could make the experience worse 

 

thanks for the extra detail, looks a really good set up. And its great to see another 370z used in anger round a racetrack

 

I really like this car and you clearly only fit the best parts. If money was no object for me my car would end up something like this!

 

I suffer with burning up the dust boots in the front calipers alot. I spent 2 days stripping the front caliper down and replacing them along with the seals while I was at it, only to burn them up again on the next track day! Which was annoying to put it mildly!  I actually find the the stock calipers very good with the right pads and brake fluid in and they take the abuse really well, however extra cooling would make this even better. Plus if the titanium shims can keep some heat sway from the caliper its self that great for the caliper and the fluid.

 

Apparently most track guys in the US don't even run with dust boots anymore and many manufactures of aftermaket calipers aimed at track/race use dont have them in either as they just cannot take the heat.

 

I currently take the pads outs the clean inside after every trackday to keep any crap from getting at the seals. Key is to never push the caliper pistons back in until its all clean in there, that ways you never draw any muck into them and reduce the risk damaging the seal or piston. Its not perfect but i did inspect all the pistons when i did a full strip down to replace the seals and they were all still perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...