Things about my Zed i'm not so keen on...

Cool Hand Luke

Only had my Zed a couple of weeks and i love it to bits - however there are a couple of little things that i'm not so keen on.

Namely the plastic gear gaiter and the plastic feeling handbrake! I cant believe they didnt use leather on a car at this price point!

Has anyone replaced either of these items with something of a higher quality? e.g. real leather?

Had wondered if we had enough interested parties we could maybe approach a trimmer to make up say 10 leather gear gaiters (prob stick with black with contrast stitching to make it easier) - might be a cost effective way of everyone being able to get a bespoke gear gaiter made up?

Would also be keen on something similar for the handbrake but not sure if that'd be a bit more difficult.

Only had my Zed a couple of weeks and i love it to bits - however there are a couple of little things that i'm not so keen on.

Namely the plastic gear gaiter and the plastic feeling handbrake! I cant believe they didnt use leather on a car at this price point!

Has anyone replaced either of these items with something of a higher quality? e.g. real leather?

Had wondered if we had enough interested parties we could maybe approach a trimmer to make up say 10 leather gear gaiters (prob stick with black with contrast stitching to make it easier) - might be a cost effective way of everyone being able to get a bespoke gear gaiter made up?

Would also be keen on something similar for the handbrake but not sure if that'd be a bit more difficult.

they aren't leather aren't they? the handbrake is covered in the same leather as my seats and im pretty sure the gear gaiter is leather too :dry:

Ive had mine only a couple of weeks, I find the side mirrors abit on the small side, and I dont own any tape cassettes :band:

I kangaroo it a few times pulling off, and gear selection took a few days to master. I like how I have a spare wheel instead of the can of wheel fixing stuff you normally get. I dont think the bose stands upto its name. Ive managed to get 20.5mpg on a journy thats 17 miles and is mainly towns, villages. Seats are great, especially when u have the heat button on full, although at first felt like I wet myself. Rear window takes a while to demist. I dont like the lag when you switch the heater controls from window to front to below, seems to have a think before it does it. Cant see the point of being able to change the rev light. Love the folding of the roof. ESP switch is a pain to turn on and off, keep pressing other buttons, think the one next to it is the washer for the lights. I thought the jets on my wipers where bust and was moaning at the GF, then discovered they are on the wipers, which I thought was a good idea.....

Strut across the engine looks good, made me feel abit max power. Not keen on the wheels, although have seen some wicked ones on the net. errrrrm wish it was in white with white leather, thats about it for now

Lomoto - thats exactly what i had in mind (dont suppose you still have it?) :teeth:

Couple of quick q's if you dont mind:

Were those guys in the states good to deal with?

Was it easy to change and did it fit well?

Can you remember if you chose orange stitching or tan? (i see both listed as options on the site)

Lomoto - thats exactly what i had in mind (dont suppose you still have it?) :teeth:

Couple of quick q's if you dont mind:

Were those guys in the states good to deal with?

Was it easy to change and did it fit well?

Can you remember if you chose orange stitching or tan? (i see both listed as options on the site)

yep no probs with the seller,

easy to fit if your moderately OK with spanners

seem to think that I plumped for the orange stitching

fitting guide here :)

http://www.redlinegoods.com/350Zinstall.shtm

Ive had mine only a couple of weeks, I find the side mirrors abit on the small side, and I dont own any tape cassettes :band:

I kangaroo it a few times pulling off, and gear selection took a few days to master. I like how I have a spare wheel instead of the can of wheel fixing stuff you normally get. I dont think the bose stands upto its name. Ive managed to get 20.5mpg on a journy thats 17 miles and is mainly towns, villages. Seats are great, especially when u have the heat button on full, although at first felt like I wet myself. Rear window takes a while to demist. I dont like the lag when you switch the heater controls from window to front to below, seems to have a think before it does it. Cant see the point of being able to change the rev light. Love the folding of the roof. ESP switch is a pain to turn on and off, keep pressing other buttons, think the one next to it is the washer for the lights. I thought the jets on my wipers where bust and was moaning at the GF, then discovered they are on the wipers, which I thought was a good idea.....

Strut across the engine looks good, made me feel abit max power. Not keen on the wheels, although have seen some wicked ones on the net. errrrrm wish it was in white with white leather, thats about it for now

I keep my phone in the cassette player. :teeth:

I also hate the wheels that come with UK cars. Always thought they looked cheap. We get the GT4 wheels as stock. :thumbs:

only thing I dont like is the cheap tacky key!

I expected a flip out thing with a big cool metal "Z" on it :(

Oh and I seem to have to really concentrate to put it in 5th or 6th without crunching it!

The key is really annoying, its the same as most other Nissans. I used to have a Primera & too often took the keys to the wrong car & couldn't get into my car :rant:

There is a way to make a flip key though ;)

yeah that what I expected! maybe not quite as flash but at least a flip out with a Z badge where the bentley one is on there!

sounds to me like anyone with some spare time and the necessary skills could make a decent whack converting peoples keys into something cooler..... and being as most people have spares it wouldnt even inconvenience them too much.