Motorbikes!

jimbadman

Looking to buy a bike to make the commute a bit quicker and a hell of a lot cheaper, just wondered if any of you had bikes or knew what it is to pass and rough prices. Looking to buy the CBR 600RR-7 probably brand new depending on the goodies they can chuck in. But the reason im asking is because there was a 350Z owner on the forum who said he owned a CBR 600RR-7 and a 350Z (something to do with that he thought he 350z would beat an NSX but knew his bike defo would)

Cheers for any help lads

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 2 bikes at the moment an if it's comuting suggest you get yourself a cheap bike first. I've got an old Yamaha 600 Diversion, ideal for comuting, no one will pinch it and your don't have to worry about cleaning it. I save my best bike for weekends... :thumbs:

How big a commute?

I wouldn't fancy commuting on an RR! As Kev says, diversion, Fazer etc are great commuting bikes.

I did my Das recently and it was approx £600 for everything Gixxer listed.

Insurance, Newly passed, 0 riding experience, 0 no claims, 25 years old and 08 ZX6R Ninja P7F on fully comp for £480! ebike insurance. B)

I looked at the RR but they wouldn't discount it!

a cbr600rr wont be cheap on insurance as a first bike

You could be supprised. I have an R6, did direct access at 24 and got insurance for £500 for the year :teeth:

is that fully comp ? you need fully comp on a bike really

Yup, fully comp from Bennets. I think they went a bit dollally offering it that cheap! :lol:

and if you want a CBR600 with 400 miles on the clock for £3995 I'm your man :lol:

The F is a decent commuting bike. It's still sporty and still quick. Just got a bit more padding in the seat and a more relaxed position.

My mate had a CBR F as he used it everyday. He bought the RR as it's locked up in the garage a lot more!

and if you want a CBR600 with 400 miles on the clock for £3995 I'm your man :lol:

The F is a decent commuting bike. It's still sporty and still quick. Just got a bit more padding in the seat and a more relaxed position.

My mate had a CBR F as he used it everyday. He bought the RR as it's locked up in the garage a lot more!

+1 a lot more forgiving and usable :thumbs: good bike to continue to learn on as is the fazer and divvy

you just bought a strut brace timbo ? ;)

Cool thanks for the link Stuey i dropped them a e-mail, hopefully the missis wont read this, but i also want the bike for a bit of fun and heard the CBR 600RR was the best 600 you can get as a baby sports bike. I figure i should should start on the best i can afford without going to high up the power stakes. My commute is only about 10 miles per day to be fair but about 4 miles of that is really heavy traffic. As a weekend toy it would also be pretty cool and the security thing isnt to annoying because the company i work for has a secrured underground carpark i can park in.

Sorry about the wall of text

dont think for 1 minute that a 600 is slow :scare: because its not a 1000 !

you will never ever ride it anywhere near its limit ! only your own limit, the bike will always be more capable than you

i think you need to ride one .... any 600 sportsbike is no baby :blush: they are bloody fast !

Well the CBR RR is a beast! As are all the 600s in the class. I went for the best deal as I figured I really wouldn't know if it was good or not without having riding experience!

It's up to you my friend! You've just missed out on all the 0% deals too! Get your test done though before it changes in Sept/Oct!

dont think for 1 minute that a 600 is slow :scare: because its not a 1000 !

you will never ever ride it anywhere near its limit ! only your own limit, the bike will always be more capable than you

i think you need to ride one .... any 600 sportsbike is no baby :blush: they are bloody fast !

Damn right! The R6 was my first bike, only because my dad left it to me. If I could afford it I dont think I'd have gotten a 600 stright off the bat. Its way way way more capable than me and I dont honestly think I will learn to be as good a rider having gone straight to it (not having a smaller one to learn the limits off). Its one hell of a ride though, forget any car you have been in for accelleration. As Gix says a 600 isnt a baby. Anyone who tells you a 1000 is faster is only right if they are a big bloke or they talks out their ass. Most bikers I speak to say thou's arent any quicker and just go through rear tyres quicker as you just cant use the power.

Hella good fun though :teeth:

Well to put it simply, You'll scare yourself shitless on any super 600 and you'll scare the drivers of ANY car all the way to 175MPH.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Enough said! :lol:

Well to put it simply, You'll scare yourself shitless on any super 600 and you'll scare the drivers of ANY car all the way to 175MPH.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

Enough said! :lol:

+1

you can drop to 2nd gear at 70mph and pull away from them like they're standing still B)

the cbr 600rr is less exciting than the other 600's due to the fact that its so competent, exactly the same is said about the blade

Did my direct access in January and bought a pre reg fazer 600 which is used for my 20 mile commute it is comfortable and quick, i'm still running it in so have to stay below 6000 revs but will do a ton in top, insurance i thought cheep at £250 fully comp no no claims but i'm 42.

max.

Did my direct access in January and bought a pre reg fazer 600 which is used for my 20 mile commute it is comfortable and quick, i'm still running it in so have to stay below 6000 revs but will do a ton in top, insurance i thought cheep at £250 fully comp no no claims but i'm 42.

max.

Hi there Mark :thumbs: