Been around since 2005...

Digsy

Guest prescience
Joined around July 2006.

Why is the 'date joined' under our avatars not accurate in some cases (Digsy for example)?

This forum didn't go live until 10 January 2006 and didn't exist in any form prior to 31 December 2005. There was an original forum before this time dating back to 2003 and then that split into here and the OC after much wailing and gnashing of teeth ;)

I joined the original forum in June/July 2004

Joined around July 2006.

Why is the 'date joined' under our avatars not accurate in some cases (Digsy for example)?

This forum didn't go live until 10 January 2006 and didn't exist in any form prior to 31 December 2005. There was an original forum before this time dating back to 2003 and then that split into here and the OC after much wailing and gnashing of teeth ;)

I joined the original forum in June/July 2004

Yup, that's it. I was just wondering how many folk from the old forum were still knocking around. Interesting that of those that are at least two don't have Zeds any more.

joined the date of going live on Jan 10 2006 and became a mod a week or so later

Teachers pet! :p

nah, thats you mate, if you remember it was me who asked you to come on board :p

I'd paid my dues! :lol:

Prescience and Sarnie you mean?

No, amazingly Sarnie doesn't pre-date this place. I meant Prescience and Rish. :)

Incorrect ;)

I joined the ''old'' forum in Sept 05 when looking for a zed. I joined right in the middle of all the in-fighting and didn't really know what was going on. I never knew that the site was splitting I just remember the site changing but had no knowledge of this place at all! The OC's blanket ban of any talk of this site shielded me from finding this place. They even have software that prevents any links being posted on the OC to this site :scare:

I can't really remember quite how I found this place but it took me till April after the split to arrive here.

Then i got banned from the OC :lol:

And almost 13,000 posts later I'm still here, aren't you all glad I found this place :lol::p

No, amazingly Sarnie doesn't pre-date this place. I meant Prescience and Rish. :)

Incorrect ;)

I joined the ''old'' forum in Sept 05 when looking for a zed. I joined right in the middle of all the in-fighting and didn't really know what was going on. I never knew that the site was splitting I just remember the site changing but had no knowledge of this place at all! The OC's blanket ban of any talk of this site shielded me from finding this place. They even have software that prevents any links being posted on the OC to this site :scare:

I can't really remember quite how I found this place but it took me till April after the split to arrive here.

Then i got banned from the OC :lol:

And almost 13,000 posts later I'm still here, aren't you all glad I found this place :lol::p

:lol: I stand corrected. (Apart from the fact that I don't remember any in-fighting going on until at least December time.)

Hmm now starting to wonder when I was roaming 350z forum... so what is the history behind this place did it break away from OC or wasthere another forum where the oc and this place broke away from. And who ownes this site?

Also is OC now turning into the GTR owners club which means all the 350z owners who cant afford GTR will be turfed out and left to join this one?

I don't want this to turn into another OC bashing thread - its been done to death. :yawn:

Suffice to say, there was only one UK forum from 2003 through to the end of 2005. Late 2005 the members were presented with a fait accompli that the site was to be replaced by the OC with a 2-tier system of users and paying members. Those that felt strongly about how that site was going to be run set up this place as a completely free alternative. The old members were then able to see which site they preferred and their post counts reflect this. :)

Rest assured, this site is a dedicated Zed site, whether 350 or 370, and we have no plans to expand it to other cars. Maybe relations will improve as the two sites move further apart in their target audiences. :thumbs:

Incorrect ;)

Do really want an answer to that? :yawn:

Incorrect ;)

Do really want an answer to that? :yawn:

No, hence no question mark at the end :p