TW Dry and Shine review

HEADPHONES

Got this for a fiver including delivery

TW Dry and Shine

From here using one of the many discount codes

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/turtlewax-dry-shine-750ml-552777351?gclid=CjwKCAiA5JnuBRA-EiwA-0ggPVSCmWK2MT45PMEZq4yxG_V6rosqTSGgz7fqXGRCjAdmwfZoc-_DqxoCwPMQAvD_BwE

Gave the mini a wash.
Was gonna try a dry application of TW Seal n Shine.
As I finished washing....it started drizzling.
No worries 
I have TW Dry and Shine that you just spray on and rinse off so it loves water and isn't bothered by drizzle.
Hard to tell it's effect on the bodywork as there's so much LSP on it applied every wash as a drying aid.
But I feel no love for the diddy 15s and they only get a shampoo.
No polishing or LSP.

These are pics after a little spray of Dry and Shine then a gentle jetrinse from a distance.
First try was not showing beading as I jetted too close and I think blasted all the product off.
Needs a gentle jet to spread it and rinse off excess

TW Dry and Shine

TW Dry and Shine

So it's an Ideal product if you get caught by rain when washing bit still want a little LSP protection after the wash.

Edited by HEADPHONES

Just finished a night wash on the zed and tried TW Dry and Shine on body and wheels.
Zed had Fusso 9 weeks ago and tbh it was holding out quite well still. These are after a 2bm wash and rinse.

10 week old Fusso10 week old Fusso

Then just spread 2 squirts per panel and GENTLY rinse with deionised water from my dehumidifier.

The product looks like water when sprayed on.

But when I gave a gentle pressure rinse off I could see it foaming a little which was a good indication of where and how much to carry on rinsing.

These are some afters....

After Turtle Wax Dry and Shine

A little video to click on

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Like 2

Beading is looking fantastic there :thumbs:

Effortless touch free results.

FOR A FIVER too.

It's been raining daily so not sure if I got streaking without a final dry down.

Even if it did, I'd still use it on wheels as the streaking wouldn't show much on wheels and applying/buffing traditional LSP to wheels in winter is not fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished washing the Zed.

I got some streaking when using the Dry and Shine on the bodywork without drying afterwards.

So ever since I only use it on the wheels after washing.

The wheels haven't had a thorough decon for 1&1/2 years.

Just washed with car shampoo weekly with Optimum Optiseal every few weeks.

100% converted to this Turtlewax Dry and Shine now for rims.

Especially in the wet winter.

Even get nice beading inside the wheels/barrels

Turtlewax Dry and Shine

• Like 1

I have a dehumidifier in the cellar.

I use the water it collects to rinse the cars sometimes as it's mineral free.

I try not to dry the car if I wash at night in case I miss a bit of dirt.

Don't fancy rubbing dirt into the zed with a drying towel!

When I say wash at night I don't mean in thee dark though :lol:

I do use lighting.

Zed night wash

• 10 months later...

I fou out way back that even using mineral free water to rinse away Dry and Shine, I'd get a bit of streaking left the next day when it dried naturally if I didn't towel dry after.

So whenever I use it at night I use a blow dryer.

Just finished a quick prewash, 2BM wash, rinse, Dry and Shine, rinse and blow dry.

Tyres dressed with autoglym instant tyre dressing spray.

Not the best, but tyres don't have to be bone dry to apply.

IMG-20201106-WA0015.jpg

IMG_20201106_192051.jpg

It's great and so cheap, used meguiar's endurance, gtechniq tyre dressing, autobrite tyre gloss, autoglym instant and rubber plus, Amour All tire shine and autosmart high style previously too.

228083335_Screenshot_20201107-0738512.png.0bc1b9b76869c87ff8d7c46904303552.png

Edited by davey_83

I think that's the issue, I've mention the word durable and you've mentioned kitchen roll. I don't believe for a moment anyone more than once has ever used kitchen roll as a tyre dressing applicator, which means I see the troll. 

You might see a troll, but you missed the point.

£5 of kitchen roll is a lot of kitchen roll, thus a lot of applications. Granted you're unlikely to use a single sheet more than once, but it's still a lot uses before you spend any money on more. Even the branded stff you're looking at ~400 sheets for your £5, and even assuming you use 1 sheet per wheel per application, that's still 100 applications. At least. With £2 change from the sponge linked previously.

So who's trolling exactly?

I maintain £5 of kitchen roll will last just as long as the £7 sponge linked above.

I guarantee a brush will outlast any sponge-type applicator.

14 sponges, making at least 168 "applicators" will also outlast one cut into 2.

Kitchen roll - incredibly wasteful and you can't defend that particular position when you don't practice it yourself.

Traditionally a brush isn't used for a gel type product, again not something I believe you have done or currently do. Brush application I do use for liquid base products. 

The time and effort to cut up a cheap sponge, store all those cut pieces. Also consider the user experience, we all know the characteristics of a cheap sponge that starts to loose it's integrity which I have having used both methods and the method I've suggested works best. It's costs more in the short term.

So if you've used with the sponge I've suggested (or similar) and this particular product and found the suggested methods to be lacking from a user experience and cost perspective, I can begin to see your point. But you haven't, so you're trolling. 

I get your bored and stressed, so need to release negativity *troll traits. I'm here all day to help. 

I’ve suggested it before and I’ll suggest it again, if you can’t cope with me “trolling” (read, offering an alternative opinion to) you, then just block me. Please.

Nice of you to tell me what I practice, but as usual your comments have very little element of accuracy to them. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Wow.......... that's probably the lowest price I've seen the Sealant Hydrophobic Wax sell for INCLUDING DELIVERY too:thumbs:

This shows how slick the paint is with the Sealant Hydrophobic Wax......

Edited by HEADPHONES
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/turtlewax-dry-shine-750ml-3893955?utm_source=mappshare&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=3893955&utm_campaign=2022-02-23

£3.49 at the moment!

There was no stock locally for click and collect so I had to go for delivery.

So I ordered FIVE bottles and a bottle of Seal and Shine coming to £26.49 to qualify for the "over £25 free p&p":lol: