Lotus Eagle - Competition for the Zed?

Kev946

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this car all disguised last week when I was at the Factory. They were testing it on the Hethel Test Track. If looked very much 350z size and interesting to hear it will be 3.5 V6 Toyota powered.

If its anything like past Lotus' its likely to be stripped out and bare basic? Says its a 2+2 though so could have the edge over the Zed if you have mates to ship about ;)

Have you seen the latest SE Europa, more like a TVR, e.g. leather dash etc. very plush.

They say the car is aiming at the 911 market, but it seems to be between the Coxster and 911.

If its anything like past Lotus' its likely to be stripped out and bare basic? Says its a 2+2 though so could have the edge over the Zed if you have mates to ship about ;)

Have you seen the latest SE Europa, more like a TVR, e.g. leather dash etc. very plush.

They say the car is aiming at the 911 market, but it seems to be between the Coxster and 911.

I did catch something when it was first launched, but got the impression that although the interior wasnt stripped out like the Elise, it wasnt much to write home about. If I'm honest I didnt pay much attention though :blush:

Will be good to give the Zed some competition, get Nissan to improve the interior and give it a diet :thumbs:

I did catch something when it was first launched, but got the impression that although the interior wasnt stripped out like the Elise, it wasnt much to write home about. If I'm honest I didnt pay much attention though :blush:

Will be good to give the Zed some competition, get Nissan to improve the interior and give it a diet :thumbs:

Check out the latest Europa, very plush and dear I say better than the Zed. Also some cracking deals.

Check this one

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/415473.htm

If its marked at "GBP 46,000 to GBP 48,000 " Then IMO its not in the same market as the 350z.

I think I was going to spend 48K I would spend the extra few K and get the GT-R. OK its not quite a coupe but its MUCH faster and have 4 seats and a boot - Bonus

If its marked at "GBP 46,000 to GBP 48,000 " Then IMO its not in the same market as the 350z.

I think I was going to spend 48K I would spend the extra few K and get the GT-R. OK its not quite a coupe but its MUCH faster and have 4 seats and a boot - Bonus

You won't get a GT-R for that money unless you import one yourself, and then you will have to learn Japanese to drive it.... :lol:

UK price for the GT-R is around £55K is it not? Yes its not out at the moment but by the time that thing hits production its more than likely it will be.

I think you will be paying more like £60k and then there will be a queue. Still alot of car for the money though. If I was going for one I'd wait a couple of years for the imports to bring the price down, then they will be a bargain.

It will have the edge over the Zed if it doesn't say "Nissan" anywhere on it.

Kev,

I am a big Lotus fan but at £48k it is way to close to the GTR which has entry point at £53k http://secure.gtrnissan.com/index.html? ... nfigurator

For the extra approx 10% I would go GT-R

About the Nissan badge, looks like its not just the badge....they have problems with spares causing delay http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/0 ... ays?blog=4 and now the bonnet is popping when it shouldn't.

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/0 ... cti?blog=4

i hate to say it buts its just gonna be yet another over priced, impratical lotus that will only appeal to a very small niche.

my mate works in the lotus garage near me and the prices of some of the cars in the showroom and just comical when you see what you get...or what you dont get!!!!

i hate to say it buts its just gonna be yet another over priced, impratical lotus that will only appeal to a very small niche.

my mate works in the lotus garage near me and the prices of some of the cars in the showroom and just comical when you see what you get...or what you dont get!!!!

You know the Lotus moto less is more.... ;)

I ain't buying one BTW, it will be way too heavy, although I expect it will be ligther than a Zed.. ;)

I like the performance of the new GT-R, but not sure on the styling and it's also way too big and heavy. It is a technical marvel though, a bit like a PS3 on wheels... :lol: Now if Nissan used the GT-R technology on a light weight 2 seater, then I would be interested.

I ain't buying one BTW, it will be way too heavy, although I expect it will be ligther than a Zed.. ;)

I like the performance of the new GT-R, but not sure on the styling and it's also way too big and heavy. It is a technical marvel though, a bit like a PS3 on wheels... :lol: Now if Nissan used the GT-R technology on a light weight 2 seater, then I would be interested.

Who cares how much it weighs when its faster than nearly every other car on the road?

Plus the weight reduction is being saved for the Spec V GT-R which lapped the 'Ring last week quicker than a CGT.

Who cares how much it weighs when its faster than nearly every other car on the road?

Plus the weight reduction is being saved for the Spec V GT-R which lapped the 'Ring last week quicker than a CGT.

Have to agree kev 3.6s to 62mph not fast enough? :surrender:

You guys just don't get it do you. Anyone can got fast in a straight line. Now going round corners, that's different.... ;)

6thsensestupidpeople.jpg

:lol::lol:

Sorry but i thought the Nordschleife had quite a few corners? ;)

You guys just don't get it do you. Anyone can got fast in a straight line. Now going round corners, that's different.... ;)

Did you miss Sarnie's post...

:wacko:

It weights 1740kg. You can get a 4x4 that weighs less than that....:lol:

I have to admit it's incredible that the've managed to get such a porky car around the ring so fast, but guess that how advanced the technology is.

Now imagine how quick it would be if it was a proper lightweight sports car. I really do hope they build a small 2 seater with the GT-R technology underneath.

Gents

I can see where Kev is coming from. In the right hands the weight does not seem a massive problem but the only way to build a race car is to get it as light as possible.

What I would like to see is someone with our driving talent taking it around the ring. Trust me you will be braking way more than the nissan test driver. That will likely mean you will not get away with more than 2 laps of the ring at a time. An elsie and exige could go around all day only stopping for fuel.

The first normal person that has a go at getting with 10% of the quoted times is likely to face a rather large repair bill when he cannot it stop it quickly or floors it too early since he had to brake too hard for the corner.

If you check times of very fast GT cars around Brands Indy compared to class C LoT cars and you will see there is not much in it.

It weights 1740kg. You can get a 4x4 that weighs less than that....:lol:

I have to admit it's incredible that the've managed to get such a porky car around the ring so fast, but guess that how advanced the technology is.

Now imagine how quick it would be if it was a proper lightweight sports car. I really do hope they build a small 2 seater with the GT-R technology underneath.

I think its the trick computers that add all the weight! :lol: