Hey everyone!

Bam

Hey all, new to the forum and Z ownership and just introducing myself

Bought this beauty Sunday gone, and I can't believe how much I love this car! I've always had a thing for the 350, absolutely would love a 240!! 

I was looking at getting rid of my TVR and having a 370 as a daily, but a few weeks ago I started properly looking at 350's, as I could afford one as a daily and also keep another toy due to the price difference. It was then I realised how much I love and prefer the looks/originality/character of the older 350, and the official search began :lol:

I kinda fancied an early spec due to tax reasons (more money to be spent on upgrades/maintenance), plus something just kinda drew me to them more. I found this one in London, 41k on the clock, blue (which was my 1st choice), and I'm the 3rd owner. Full Nissan service history was a bonus, and the underside didn't look too bad - it's been kept in underground storage for the last 7 years. Needs a little bit of TLC, the passenger door has a crust of slight rust all along the lower side and up the front edge randomly, I haven't read up about this being a common spot? I can only guess the guy damaged the door on a kerb(s) and it just spread? The arches all look good, very slight rust on one but nothing that can't be sorted out in time :) LOADS of dings along this door on the swage line too so that'll get sorted at the same time. 

I've noticed quite an amount of clutch judder, it was replaced 2,000 miles ago by Nissan and I can only assume the flywheel has warped...I've also read that this can be a common issue - but with regards to buying fake clutches is that correct?

Really looking forward to getting some bits done to this, these guys are literally on the same road that I live on a small industrial estate so it'll be getting some of that treatment once I've had a good look underneath at the drivetrain etc so get a good understanding of what's worn etc.

Anyways I'm just blabbing now, so the only 2 pics I have taken thus far! (I've named him Eric btw, the first name of Eazy-E) :lol::lol:

IMG_20190829_194802.jpg

IMG_20190829_194809.jpg

Also one other thing! So, the guy advertised it as a "Carbon GT". Is this a thing? The car has a carbon Nismo V1 spoiler from factory apparently, some carbon bits on the B pillar (outside), and the car door sills. I'm assuming the guy before him just put some bits on??

Edited by Bam

Welcome along

dont think carbon GT is s thing but never turn down any carbon goodies, even if you dont like/want them you will always get a few quid selling them on. 

I was in same dilemma as you when i bought my 350 a few years back. It was either a top end 350 or a low end 370 but just liked the overall look and shape of the 350 more.