so i get "the" brown envelope in the post..

Newbie 350GT

This looks like being fun :)

Sounds like you will be taking the two letters, photographs of the sign and their automaton responses to court with you and making some council bod look a bit of a tit.

When and where is it - can people come along and watch? Id love to see a council made to look stupid:)

+1 :teeth:

This looks like being fun :)

Sounds like you will be taking the two letters, photographs of the sign and their automaton responses to court with you and making some council bod look a bit of a tit.

When and where is it - can people come along and watch? Id love to see a council made to look stupid:)

:lol:

ill let you guys know

Bit of war and peace coming here. Keep going, keep calm and keep your arguments simple, I think you are right, not sure that helps a lot.

Penalty charge notices:

Under this system, the normal fixed penalty point system does not apply to parking tickets. An offender pays the "Penalty Charge Notice" or PCN (it is no longer called a fine), and there is a 50% discount for paying the PCN within 14 days. However, provided that you send an appropriate letter appealing the PCN to the local council within 14 days of the date of the PCN, you can preserve the 50% discount rate until 14 days after the date of a "Notice of Rejection of Representations" when the local council replies rejecting the reasons for disagreeing with the PCN.

Appealing a PCN:

Under the legislation, local councils have an overriding duty to act "fairly", and thus a well drafted letter can often get the local council to waive the PCN. So you have nothing to lose (and everything to gain) in writing a letter appealing a PCN for legitimate reasons. You can use our letter to challenge a parking fine to do so.

Appealing a PCN is a two stage process. First on receipt of the ticket you can appeal to the local council (this is what this letter does). If the local council refuses to allow your appeal they will serve you with a "Notice of Rejection of Representations". When you receive this, you can choose either to pay the PCN (and provided you pay within 14 days of the Notice of Rejection of Representations" you preserve your 50% discount) or you can appeal to the National Parking Adjudication Service (NPAS) on the Notice of Appeal form that will be sent to you with the Notice of Rejection of Representations. In London appeals are made on the Notice of Appeal form to the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service which provides the independent adjudication service for deciding disputed parking penalties charged by councils and Transport for London (TfL).

A Parking Attendant issues a Penalty Charge Notice by fixing it to the vehicle or handing it to the driver. It details the alleged parking contravention in words, and also as a two digit code. To see what these codes mean, see our article on parking contraventions.

Schedule 6 of the Road Traffic Act 1991 specifies the possible grounds of appeal of a PCN. These are:

* I was not the owner at the time the alleged parking contravention occurred.

If you make representations on this ground, you are legally obliged to supply the name and address of the person to whom the vehicle was disposed of (or from whom it was acquired, as the case may be), if that information is in your possession. Remember, it is the owner of a vehicle who is liable to pay a Penalty Charge Notice, not the driver.

* When the vehicle was parked it had been taken without my consent.

This ground for representation covers stolen vehicles and vehicles used without the owner’s consent but which were not stolen. The latter category could apply, for example, to a vehicle taken by “joy ridersâ€

Take along your photo of the sign, the photo they sent you and digital casio watch.

All you will need to do is show the man from the council what the digital time of 19:59 looks like on his watch.

Feel free to plagiarise the following:

"As you can see in this photograph, the sign says I am not allowed to stop here between 7 in the morning and 7 at night. Lets set your watch to the time it shows in this photo of my car, 19:59 see just like I can set it on this Casio.

Now if you look at your watch, you can see Mickeys left hand is pointing at 8, and the moon is out behind him. So that means it is 8 at night in the photo you sent me, which is after 7 at night - just like the sign says. So I am allowed to stop.

Do you need me to explain it again?"

If they argue that the double red lines overide the sign, then I would ask why they dont just do away with the sign all together (which no doubt cost more than a couple hundred quid of tax payers money to put up in the first place) or replace it with a more apropriate one.

The current sign on double reds may as well read:

"Do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?"

Take along your photo of the sign, the photo they sent you and digital casio watch.

All you will need to do is show the man from the council what the digital time of 19:59 looks like on his watch.

Feel free to plagiarise the following:

"As you can see in this photograph, the sign says I am not allowed to stop here between 7 in the morning and 7 at night. Lets set your watch to the time it shows in this photo of my car, 19:59 see just like I can set it on this Casio.

Now if you look at your watch, you can see Mickeys left hand is pointing at 8, and the moon is out behind him. So that means it is 8 at night in the photo you sent me, which is after 7 at night - just like the sign says. So I am allowed to stop.

Do you need me to explain it again?"

hahahahaha

classic man

Double red lines are in big cities. Not sure if Glasgow has them but they are unheard of in Scotland. So a sign that is different to the markings is really not helpful.

Even if you DO get done on a bullshit technicality (can't see it myself) you could go on a crusade to have the correct signage posted. That would be fun!

Double red lines are in big cities. Not sure if Glasgow has them but they are unheard of in Scotland. So a sign that is different to the markings is really not helpful.

Even if you DO get done on a bullshit technicality (can't see it myself) you could go on a crusade to have the correct signage posted. That would be fun!

yep.paint spray can and the 350's cousin GT.. ill go give all the signs the red pen treatment myself.

I'm sure that the signs overide the lines in 'disputes' or claims that there were no lines visible - i.e. if the lines get covered in snow or are temporarily 'removed' such as road work for example, the barstewards can still do you.

But I suggest you go back and check exactly the spot you parked to see if it were double reds which is no parking 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

If not, and it was a single red, and looking at the number of cars parked along the kerb that suggests that might be the case and you know the time was after 7pm, then you were entitled to park there. But as I say, check very carefully the spot you parked - around London they will happily do you for just a few millemetres 'over the line' (or double line in your case) albeit the rest of the car was lawfully parked.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys

sorry my mistake for not updating.

I got a letter (after 2 appeal letters to them) that my case has now been passed on to northampton county courts. they will be deciding it.

i wrote to northampton court telling them about londons incompetence and they overrulled it..

so i won!

i sent them a letter through my solicitor friend (headed paper) and she wrote some buzz words in like "harrassment"

That seem to have done the trick!

if i can dig up the letters ill try post em!

fight the power!!