Android retrofit for premium connect.

StormtrooperZ

• 1 month later...

HI, is this unit still available? very Interested in a plug and play device. I've got a 2011 370z convertible with touch screen nav. Also looking for a reversing  camera set-up which I think this would also do. Wanting to keep the car as stock as possible. Thanks

2 hours ago, B19fbt said:

HI, is this unit still available? very Interested in a plug and play device. I've got a 2011 370z convertible with touch screen nav. Also looking for a reversing  camera set-up which I think this would also do. Wanting to keep the car as stock as possible. Thanks

Hi buddy. Yes still available :)

Updated specs. 

Android 9.0, PX6 1.6ghz processor, 4gb RAM and 64gb ROM. Price has slightly gone up too, now £395 each.

These now support split screen functionality out of the box (being able to view/use 2 apps at the same time).

Get in touch if interested.

Edited by StormtrooperZ
New specs

• 3 weeks later...

Came across this great app. Enables android auto onto the unit. Once setup, just connect your phone via USB, or WiFi and it automatically loads android auto on your phone and the android unit. Great for those who want the stock Google experience.

£4 for the app. There is a trial version that lets you use the app for 5mins.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

So tempted to get one of these. The sat nav in the 370z is so, so bad. Coming back from Supercar Fest nr. Northampton the Zed satnav said 3 and a half hours, my brother popped my postcode on Google maps on his phone and it was 2hrs 15 mins. Not sure why the Zed deliberately takes you away from motorways and into the middle of nowhere. I have it set to use motorways and accepted tolls. This seems a good solution. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, W8BGS said:

So tempted to get one of these. The sat nav in the 370z is so, so bad. Coming back from Supercar Fest nr. Northampton the Zed satnav said 3 and a half hours, my brother popped my postcode on Google maps on his phone and it was 2hrs 15 mins. Not sure why the Zed deliberately takes you away from motorways and into the middle of nowhere. I have it set to use motorways and accepted tolls. This seems a good solution. 

It's probably been set up that way in the settings maybe?

3 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

It's probably been set up that way in the settings maybe?

I thought that initially, but don't think that is the case, changed settings a few times and it's just crap in general. Just need to justify the £425, when to be fair I have a Tom Tom sat in the glove box 😂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, StormtrooperZ said:

My biggest bugbear was how out of date the maps were. I was doing a lot of driving up and down the country at the time due to work, and the routing was terrible.

Now I just speak to Google..."navigate to..." and im away! 😎

Honestly I couldn't agree more, also the Google maps were giving mobile camera warnings, which was helpful. 

I would love to get one of these, but realistically I think the earliest would be early October as I need to see what Centre Gravity say about the state of my steering/suspension components when I see them. Hopefully you will still be able to get them in October. 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, W8BGS said:

Honestly I couldn't agree more, also the Google maps were giving mobile camera warnings, which was helpful. 

I would love to get one of these, but realistically I think the earliest would be early October as I need to see what Centre Gravity say about the state of my steering/suspension components when I see them. Hopefully you will still be able to get them in October. 🙂

Yep no worries buddy 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/03/2021 at 16:14, StormtrooperZ said:

Came across this great app. Enables android auto onto the unit. Once setup, just connect your phone via USB, or WiFi and it automatically loads android auto on your phone and the android unit. Great for those who want the stock Google experience.

£4 for the app. There is a trial version that lets you use the app for 5mins.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr

Sorry I'm not very tech savy dose this app work on our stock screen ? 

Or just with the box 

I realy fancy the android box but I can't justify it just yet