Super Charger Cold Air Intake

Ozzy225

Hey guys, I'm in the process of fitting a Vortech V2 super charger to the Zed. I'm wanting to make a CAI so that I can use a larger filter. I've seen online that some people have used 90 degree silicone hoses/ Silicone hoses with 90 degree hard pipe as well as other methods etc.  Was just wondering what members have done on here, what they've used and if they've had any issues? Collapsing hoses or fitment issues etc. I don't have the means to fabricate anything myself, so would order parts online to make something up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Oz

1916-cam-5-031_zpspufy5svd.jpg

JC-111712-019_zpsidn3cjx5.jpg

IMAG0266_zpsxwy6go9j.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wizard said:

It'll probably loose you power.

Not true at all imho.

The standard Vortech filter isn't very big so I would say has a limited amount of air it can draw through its surface area whereas fitting one of the larger filters allows for a larger surface area and more airflow, again imho.

I did the "DIY" CAI on my own 350Z when I had it supercharged, ...not the best picture but you can see part of it in the picture below.

I followed @Sam Mcgoo excellent guide for the most part.

Link: 

Thread also here: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/557039-diy-cold-air-intake-cai.html

11.jpg

16 hours ago, wizard said:

I wanted to do this but have changed my mind.

Why do you want to do it? It'll probably loose you power.

I don't actually have the smaller Vortech filter, but do have a large K&N Filter. Just figuring best way to hose it up.  

14 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Not true at all imho.

The standard Vortech filter isn't very big so I would say has a limited amount of air it can draw through its surface area whereas fitting one of the larger filters allows for a larger surface area and more airflow, again imho.

I did the "DIY" CAI on my own 350Z when I had it supercharged, ...not the best picture but you can see part of it in the picture below.

I followed @Sam Mcgoo excellent guide for the most part.

Link: 

Thread also here: https://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/557039-diy-cold-air-intake-cai.html

11.jpg

Cheers for that! I've actually already read through that guide, but glad some one else too has used it with no issues. Its probably the set up ill go for :teeth::thumbs:

44 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

I used a solid bend to avoid any risk of the hose collapsing as its quite a big diameter with little structural support if you just use a silicone bend. 

A bit more detail on mine below

20170313_112331.jpg.246e2c2f8e19927f889906434baf276e.jpg20170313_112339.jpg.2f0e80a22f9d7698e006ba08b2d4eb37.jpg

20170313_113450.jpg.44dd7f9a017bae6de44f93703fe61036.jpg

How did i miss this build!! Thanks for sharing, just got to decide what to do now :thumbs:

• Like 1