Speeding tiket!

N1SM0350z

jus got home from work and as dad was chekin through the post was a letter 4 him got a f***in speeding tiket doin 48 in a 40 on the A30 in hook hampshire.

there were speed traps dotted around Wokingham the otherday too so watch out! saw two on the way back from gettin my car MOT'd wich failed! :rant: on the brakes so its more money on my car, ive probably spent neerly half what i paid for the car on repairs (punto mk2) :surrender::headhurt:

Risk of flaming here.....

I actually agree with the need for speed enforcement but only in certain conditions. Built up 30s. No need to speed here, it's just plain dangerous. Very bad junctions on high speed roads. The camera should be highly visible though as this would be a SAFETY device not a money maker.

That's about it actually.

I was done at 44 in a 30 just after a sign and it came from a national speed limit road (60.) My own fault but I did feel pi**ed off. As said above. I have no problem with a well placed safety camera but hate money making speed traps.

yup they were round a corner and ryt by the sign were the speed limit changed :rant:

its just pathetic.

My son got done the same way in Merstham. Shame the authorities here don't do as the Aussies do - you get a warning of the new speed limit about 100metres before the 'zone' - no real excuse then.

Just how anybody is expected slow from 60 to 30 in a 'safe' manner with no advance warning and signs are not well sighted is just plain unreasonable :dry: - I would hope a decent advocate could avoid a conviction on that basis.

I guess so. Was just putting in my 2p that they all are w**kers unless it's a real safety issue where lives could be at stake!

For instance a two mile straight with no openings is NOT an unsafe place in my opinion.

+1

clarkson had the right idea when he said that cameras should be in front of schools, bright pink with flashing lights and loads of signs, then no-one would speed past the school :thumbs:

dull yellow, hidden behind a tree and round a blind corner does not make for an obvious speed camera, that's just a money trap!

Risk of flaming here.....

I actually agree with the need for speed enforcement but only in certain conditions. Built up 30s. No need to speed here, it's just plain dangerous. Very bad junctions on high speed roads. The camera should be highly visible though as this would be a SAFETY device not a money maker.

That's about it actually.

I was done at 44 in a 30 just after a sign and it came from a national speed limit road (60.) My own fault but I did feel pi**ed off. As said above. I have no problem with a well placed safety camera but hate money making speed traps.

+1 One example of where some sense has been used, the A43 northbound between the M40 and M1 has a Truvelo that must save plenty of accidents.

But then these mobile units stuck on 50mph dual carriageways really get me :angry:

One example of where some sense has been used, the A43 northbound between the M40 and M1 has a Truvelo that must save plenty of accidents.

But then these mobile units stuck on 50mph dual carriageways really get me :angry:

Is that the one on the brow of the hill just before the pub? I agree that is one place you dont want to be hooning along. They also sign that it is there so I give them dues for that one, its actually worth it :thumbs:

One example of where some sense has been used, the A43 northbound between the M40 and M1 has a Truvelo that must save plenty of accidents.

Is that the one on the brow of the hill just before the pub? I agree that is one place you dont want to be hooning along. They also sign that it is there so I give them dues for that one, its actually worth it :thumbs:

That's the one. As you go over the brow there is traffic turning across you. :scare: If it wasn't for the warning and the camera, there would be big accidents.....

That's the one. As you go over the brow there is traffic turning across you. :scare: If it wasn't for the warning and the camera, there would be big accidents.....

Yeah that is probably one of the most justified cameras I have ever seen. Even with a sign saying about the turning you probably wouldnt slow people down. At least with that they have to :thumbs:

...there were speed traps dotted around Wokingham the otherday too so watch out!

Dagnamit! I tried to remember this warning... that all flew at the window this afternoon after I got my Nismo exhaust fitted :yahoo: ! Got a little carried away listening to the new tone when approching the width restricted bridge just after the Bull at Barkham! Camera van :scare: ! Now I face three long weeks of checking the post. Swines.