TVR

ir_fuel

Ok,

I know the company went bust, but imho some of their cars look amazing (Tuscan 1, 350, Sagaris).

I was wondering, since you guys are in the UK, whats up with the current TVRs which are (when not broken down :p) still on the road? How does it work now to have spare parts, to fix stuff on the engine etc etc.

It would be pretty cool to have one, not as a daily drive of course, because i think it is technically not possible considering their reliability, but if parts are impossible to source it might end up being a gigantic money pit that will never be used again once it breaks down.

Give your opinions :teeth:

Also, are there models that are more reliable than others? :)

There seems to be a healthy parts supply and an even healthier industry rebuilding engines (with warranties).

The problem with TVRs is that they have more issues the less you use them.

Still fine cars if you go into ownership with your eyes (very) wide open. :thumbs:

There seems to be a healthy parts supply and an even healthier industry rebuilding engines (with warranties).

The problem with TVRs is that they have more issues the less you use them.

Still fine cars if you go into ownership with your eyes (very) wide open. :thumbs:

That's what I've been hearing. Been looking closely at buying a 350 or a Sagaris but the vast majority seem to of been weekend cars. It seems the daily drivers are the ones that don't develop problems.

your looking at a total engine rebuild at every 30,000 miles at £7000.

And then 2 posts further i read about "daily drives"?

Eh how can you use it as a daily drive if it needs an engine rebuild after 30.000 miles?

Dunno, it was something that crossed my mind. Instead of selling the Z and getting some other "trusty" sports-coupé (gtr? :lol: ) within 1-2 years, why not keep it and get something more exotic?

I really love the look of the Sagaris, but then again, there are only 10 of them in LHD apparently. And i found a new one for 92.000€ which is a bit over budget :lol:

I wonder how big of a nuisance it is to have a RHD overhere in LHD country, because of the 350 there are NO LHD versions afaik

just repeating what Bigphil said in a past post seeing as he's had first hand experience

Speed six engine which is used in the Tuscan,T350 and Sagaris has an average life of around 30k miles and needs a full rebuild at that point at around £7k dependig on who dose it but would only really trust TVR Power.

Be prepared for constant niggles with bits comming unglued.

Engine still not fully sorted with major issues around 30k miles (rebuild £8k)

They don't like sitting around either wth problems with seals on slave cylinders if they do.

After Nissan reliability it will drive you mad.

Not a car you turn the key and go, engine needs to be warmed and oil temp up before leaving each day, no cold start either.

Stay clear if u know whats good for u!!!!

I had a Chimaera for a couple of years, nothing but a moneypit. My mate still has his & cant get himself to sell it because of the stupid amount of money he's put into it over the last 5 years!!

If u want something exotic/more reliable & LHD try & find a used Weissman. Or a RHD Morgan or less exotic a Z4M coupe/roadster

a Wiessman is quite a different price-bracket :( (but then again, maybe not if you take into account TVR cost of ownership :lol:) aldough it is my favorite car by far, and if it is to buy a Z4M coupé it might as well be a replacement for the Z as it isnt really something "special".

Prefer the one without the spoiler ;)

Image_9.jpg

But as I said, if you want a new one we are talking about 150.000€

:wacko:

Even second hand it stays a quite expensive piece of kit. You can buy 2 Z4M coupés for that price :wacko:

Thats why i started about TVR, its a bit less silly price-wise (that is, if you park it in your house just to look at it :lol: )

It's not exactly complementary; I quote "The TVR ownership experience redefines the word extreme. The T350 is the biggest heap of unreliable junk around.......... the road holding is appaling - blink and it bites. As an everyday proposition it falls apart and wears out in seconds. As a weekend toy the lack of use directly compounds the appalling reliability."