TVR

ir_fuel

ive always loved cerberas and even looked into gettin a 4.5 v8 one and a TDI runabout,

from the owners i talked to, the straight 6 engines need the regular rebuilds, hence why autotrader is full of tamoras, tuscancs etc. with 25-30K miles on em.

but piston heads (i think) did an article on a company who do the rebuild and "make them better".

something about the engine being too stressed and not enough cooling. they back the timing off slightly, increase the capacity slightly, and improve the oil and water cooling systems, all for about £5k.

the result being an engine with at least the same power as standard thats good for normal 95 fuel and more realistic service intervals

will post link when i find it.

the V8s have their own problems,

the thing that put me off was that one guy told me "average servicing starts at £400 and can easily rise to £4000" :scare:

plus it would kill me driving a tdi to work when i know theres a cerb' on the drive crying to be driven, lol

lol, show you how much my brain distorted the facts when trying to remember

link is here

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=17422

cost is 14k-16k, not 5k, whoops :blush:

but if a tvr rebuild is 7-8k, if the "wilder" engines last 3x longer, i suppose it might be worth it.

remember though, as expensive to own as TVRs are, they are supercars, 0-60 under 5 seconds, 170+ top end, never mind rarity, noise and presence :D