Thought I would say Hi

After a fair bit of saving and a gulp, I decided to get my self a Zed, she is a 2004 Roadster JDM. I have so much to learn and have been reading away for the last week. So far I can confirm I have had a smile on my face every single time I have been out.  only 30k on the clock, and the engine sounds amazing, has a japspeed exhaust and the sound brings a smile to my face.

as with all of these cars there are a few things I can see I need to do.

The Radio is Car wings with the non working sat nav (mostly text is in Japanese) touch screen, and no band extender has been fitted. Any suggestions as to how difficult / easy fitting a new uk one to this might be? Or any good places to go to around the Bristol area.

W brace is very rusty, but I think I will wire brush and paint with underbody seal.

Will need 2 new tyres on back soon, as they were advisories (tread ok, just perishing a bit).

I can see that some under seal is under the car, so perhaps this was put on after it arrived over here?

Eventually I will put Brembo brakes on as well as I think this is the T version, with Bose, and leather trim, but Japanese brakes. 

Heavy rust on and around the Cats, and shield look to be braking away and has holes, but after reading the forum, I can see this isn't a worry as yet.

Cleaning filter with K&N, and have ordered serpentine belts.

Any suggestions of what other things I could / should be doing  would be most appreciated.

car.jpg

Welcome to the OC :wave:

As mentioned above wait at least a few hours before checking oil level.

Preferably overnight.

It's about 1 litre between the low and high markers on the dipstick.

Run it on 98/99 Ron fuel only.

Using standard unleaded can lead to detonation at higher rpm.

Ok in emergency as long as you keep the revs down (not sure exactly what the limit is) say about 3000rpm.

Now the weather is getting colder the boot struts may struggle to keep the boot open and the boot can slam shut unexpectedly.

CAUTION when loading your boot.

My tailgate has almost beheaded me once!

Check the engine belts at the front of the engine.

With such low mileage they may not have been changed yet and may be cracking.

But above all enjoy the car and the forum :thumbs:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sim said:

Hello, hopefully the good weather will hang about for a bit longer so you can get the roof down. :)

Here's to hoping. although I think its only been in the garage for a full day 2 times so far, and I've done 300 plus mile in her. :):D