wales meet(Come On Nixy)

nixy

I know I don't actually need to explain why i'm not going but i will anyway.

1. look at the list and see how many people are actually driving there alone.

2. then look how many driving alone are female

3. then consider that my hubbie's not interested, I don't have anybody else who would drive with me either.

4. then ask yourself if my hubbie (although not interested) would want me to drive over 190 miles on my own to meet people I only know from the internet. Even if he didn't mind me doing that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy about me staying over so I'd have to drive back again alone.

I'm sure you're all lovely and would make me feel really welcome etc etc and I know I'd enjoy it but put yourself in my/your wife's/girlfriends/ shoes and ask yourself it you think it would be ok? Just so you know I'm not actually being negative or anti-social - I realise I'm missing out and it is really crap when you don't have a partner who will do this kind of thing with you.

I know I don't actually need to explain why i'm not going but i will anyway.

1. look at the list and see how many people are actually driving there alone.

2. then look how many driving alone are female

3. then consider that my hubbie's not interested, I don't have anybody else who would drive with me either.

4. then ask yourself if my hubbie (although not interested) would want me to drive over 190 miles on my own to meet people I only know from the internet. Even if he didn't mind me doing that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy about me staying over so I'd have to drive back again alone.

I'm sure you're all lovely and would make me feel really welcome etc etc and I know I'd enjoy it but put yourself in my/your wife's/girlfriends/ shoes and ask yourself it you think it would be ok? Just so you know I'm not actually being negative or anti-social - I realise I'm missing out and it is really crap when you don't have a partner who will do this kind of thing with you.

Hiya Nixy

I'm dragging one of my mates along, she came in October isnt into cars at all but really enjoyed herself. We'd never met anyone from the site before then either.

You could always stop over with us?

But surely Nixy you go to other meets with other freinds? Charlie and Sonia travel together, everyone but everyone is warmly welcomed to the drive outs. Its a totally relaxed atmosphere and a great day out and the people i have met on these drive outs all are great people.You are missing out big style. Stick 2 fingers up to your hubby and get some fun outof your zed. :thumbs:

I understand what your saying Nixy but you've just got to do it. As other have said you'll miss out on alot of fun, ive been to a few of the wales meets now, 1 of them not even in a Zed and its always been a great atomsphere. Sometimes you've just got to stick 2 fingers up to logic and think of yourself.

Grab a mate to go with you, its not a chavy event so you won't feel embarrassed, its more of a sunday drive out with good food and good company.

I fully understand Nixy. It would be nice to see you there. I'm making the trip (loads of miles) however I'm dragging my girlfriend along. Even though she thinks I'm sad.....

I'm sure you could find somebody to tag along (take them to the spa at st Davids - it worked on my other half!) and then you can enjoy the drive out.

Come on Nixy, my misses wasn't looking forward to the first one she went to, but she enjoyed the whole day. It's not nerdy and we try and take in to account the non buffs with a good meal and some wonderful countryside.

I can understand what you're saying Nixy. It can be tough with partners and t'internet. But as someone had in there signature here (Captint?) 'If you don't go, you don't know'. :)

Tell him it's a day out and would be nice.

I think that you are justified in your statement about all the driving on your own but I wouldn't be too concerned about meeting people you only know from the internet when there are probably going to be close on 100 people there. If you were just arranging to meet Stuey then I could understand your concern but I'm sure you'd be safe with the large number of people going.

Anyway, I'm not going either, I'm going to a christening in York :wacko:

Thats the answer Andy send nixy a photo of yourself and she can disguise herself as you, very handy because Nixy is from that area. :thumbs:

Thats the answer Andy send nixy a photo of yourself and she can disguise herself as you, very handy because Nixy is from that area. :thumbs:

Ha ha! Now thats thinking outside the box :thumbs: I like it.

Nixy - Are you 6ft tall by any chance?

Hi Nixy

Just read your post and couldn't wait to reply, which is good for me as I don't post often, read every day though!

I completely see where you are coming from so let me explain how it worked out for me in October, I guess the only difference being that my Son who is 16 would be with me.

I had this picture in my mind and many questions i.e What age group are these people likely to be in? Thinking they would be all young and I would feel totally out of place. I was wrong, they all walked with zimmers! :yahoo:

Also my knowledge of cars is nil, and worried that I would feel out of my depth, but this was not the case either. However, I bought the Zed because I love the car and the day of the last Wales meet I can't express the feeling when I saw all these Zed's merging together. It was a fantastic sight with the day just getting better from there, as I said on my post from the last Wales run, great food, great scenery, great people :thumbs:

If you would like to meet up anytime and have a chat and a brew then I would be only too happy as we are only next door near Leeds/Bradford. If you decide to go then we could drive down together :thumbs: Pity you couldn't get hubby to come as it really is a day out that suits everyone. Keep trying, I'd give him 20 quid if he didn't enjoy it, but I wouldn't believe him if he said he hadn't anyway :teeth:

Hi Nixy

Just read your post and couldn't wait to reply, which is good for me as I don't post often, read every day though!

I completely see where you are coming from so let me explain how it worked out for me in October, I guess the only difference being that my Son who is 16 would be with me.

I had this picture in my mind and many questions i.e What age group are these people likely to be in? Thinking they would be all young and I would feel totally out of place. I was wrong, they all walked with zimmers! :yahoo:

Also my knowledge of cars is nil, and worried that I would feel out of my depth, but this was not the case either. However, I bought the Zed because I love the car and the day of the last Wales meet I can't express the feeling when I saw all these Zed's merging together. It was a fantastic sight with the day just getting better from there, as I said on my post from the last Wales run, great food, great scenery, great people :thumbs:

If you would like to meet up anytime and have a chat and a brew then I would be only too happy as we are only next door near Leeds/Bradford. If you decide to go then we could drive down together :thumbs: Pity you couldn't get hubby to come as it really is a day out that suits everyone. Keep trying, I'd give him 20 quid if he didn't enjoy it, but I wouldn't believe him if he said he hadn't anyway :teeth:

Good work Tilly :thumbs:

Nixy you have no excuse now! You go on meets with the french car clubs............you must of had to meet them for the first time too!?!!?!?!? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Nixy

Come on Nixy you have had plenty of time to respond to this :surrender: Any update? This was a top post by Tilly and deserves a response.

Come on Nixy, you come this way once, you will regret it if you dont come this is a top top day. :thumbs: