Scotland's NC500 MAY 2019 road trip.

Irn Bru

Tbh if you really really wanted to take it all in you'd need 10 day + but that's not what this weekend is all about. It's a drivers holiday on the best roads and scenery in the UK. It's hard core and driving for 8 -12 hours a day between hotels, taking in the sights and scenery, photo and loo stops and of course lunch stops. We cram a lot into the weekend but still manage to have time to take in the roads and scenery not just blast through it, if you get what I mean. Though to be fair there are some bits that you just gota blast through !!!

Just a FYI, but I assume the members coming up from the south who haven't done it before, you'll need 5 (five days) to do this. The Thursday to travel up to Perth / Edinburgh area meeting point for the kick off on the Friday morning.

Just now, coldel said:

We did a fair bit in 5 days last time, Edinburgh, west coast, john of the groats, right back down to fort william. Felt like we covered a hell of a lot of ground.

You need to be coming on this trip again Col, won't be the same without the GT4 being present, come on you know you want to.........

Can very much recommend Melville Castle as the Edinburgh stop over - its £60 for a twin/double room and loads of parking out front. I ended up there as booked late and didnt get into the holiday inn place with the rest of the lads but they all came to visit for a photo shoot out front!

13235188_10154305148907125_8784890907625723876_o.jpg.32700434e1390e32ca4095868b6e633a.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomBorehamUK said:

+1, Come on Col...:teeth:

I will admit I am umming and urring, would need to get it past the missus after taking 8 days off this year to drive across Europe! 

At least the old Celica will have new top mounts on it after one decided to collapse on that trip!

11 minutes ago, coldel said:

I will admit I am umming and urring, would need to get it past the missus after taking 8 days off this year to drive across Europe! 

At least the old Celica will have new top mounts on it after one decided to collapse on that trip!

I'm sure a bunch of roses and flowers every week will win her round mate:D, but you could always bring her this time, plenty other halfs coming this time again.

27 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Ive watched a few videos. From Youtube I can see people  recommend 5-7 days to take it all in. But I see people are limited for time.  Ill see if I can come, need a car though! As in Z

@coldel can you post the link up from our previous  trip, as in the photo and video post we all contributed to, might help with some of the members who've never done it. I'd do it but it's a faf  trying to do it on my phone, TIA.

11 minutes ago, Irn Bru said:

@coldel can you post the link up from our previous  trip, as in the photo and video post we all contributed to, might help with some of the members who've never done it. I'd do it but it's a faf  trying to do it on my phone, TIA.

This what you are after mate? https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/108671-scotlands-route-66-trip-may-2016-photos/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coldel said:

You've got a few months to charm her round! 

I'll be bringing something without a clutch this time, hopefully that'll avoid me having the same problem as before :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomBorehamUK said:

You've got a few months to charm her round! 

I'll be bringing something without a clutch this time, hopefully that'll avoid me having the same problem as before :lol:

Lol, aye that was a little problematic and expensive for you mate

1 minute ago, Irn Bru said:

Lol, aye that was a little problematic and expensive for you mate

Stood in that car park in the middle of that little village, car up on ramps, fluid pumping out everywhere with Chirag arguing with the AA that it was his car :lol: Ended up parking it in a car park for a week in aberdeen or something didn't you?! 

As an aside, note to all, full cover with AA or RAC including recovery and courtesy car is about £50 for the week all in ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coldel said:

Stood in that car park in the middle of that little village, car up on ramps, fluid pumping out everywhere with Chirag arguing with the AA that it was his car :lol: Ended up parking it in a car park for a week in aberdeen or something didn't you?! 

As an aside, note to all, full cover with AA or RAC including recovery and courtesy car is about £50 for the week all in ;)

:lol: Yes, left it inverness for 2 weeks, only for it to break again in under a month as they ballsed up the fitting :dry:

Noted about the breakdown cover for next time :doh: 

8 hours ago, Irn Bru said:

Tbh if you really really wanted to take it all in you'd need 10 day + but that's not what this weekend is all about. It's a drivers holiday on the best roads and scenery in the UK. It's hard core and driving for 8 -12 hours a day between hotels, taking in the sights and scenery, photo and loo stops and of course lunch stops. We cram a lot into the weekend but still manage to have time to take in the roads and scenery not just blast through it, if you get what I mean. Though to be fair there are some bits that you just gota blast through !!!

Sounds good, what about speed cameras, police vans, radar guns and neighbourhood watch? Anything to be worried about? Keeping within limits obviously. 10 mph over the limit is grossly irresponsible ill have you know!:lol:

and yes if someone wasnt a car nut or didnt like driving that could be an issue 

9 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Sounds good, what about speed cameras, police vans, radar guns and neighbourhood watch? Anything to be worried about? Keeping within limits obviously. 10 mph over the limit is grossly irresponsible ill have you know!:lol:

and yes if someone wasnt a car nut or didnt like driving that could be an issue 

We're not going on a bank hiest mate lol. We didn't come across much police presence tbh, drive sensibly is our moto, except when YOU decide it's time for spirited driving. Anybody driving like a looney and putting any of the party at risk will promptly be ejected from the group. We're all there to enjoy our cars and roads, I just expect, as all should, that attend, for everyone to go home in one piece having had a great time.

• Like 2