Noob after some V3 advise

Retro LLama

Greetings folks

After looking at mkiv supra projects and finding nothing but money pits i thinking of doing a 350z project instead as the value for money seems 10000 better.  

being doing some research on the Nismo V3 bumpers and it seems their are 2 options 

1) Oem: i can see that a company called Tarmac sportz sells original OEM bumpers. was wondering if any one has gone for these? expensive but if he fitment is as good as standard i might not mind the cost. 

2) Aftermarket: i can see a couple of companies (and Ebay stores) sell replica v3 bumpers.i can see a lot of fitment issues but i would get a paint and body shop to fit them properly anyway. this issue i have with the Replicas is that i think that some of them slope down too much where the Nissan badge goes. it could just be my eye sight, or the fact people run the bumpers with out the badging, or even the colour of the car? or is this what some of the replica bumpers do make the mouth of the car lower than the original Nismo bumper? 

open to opinions and any suggestions on Replica suppliers know these parts art exactly common any more 

Many thanks Tom 

I know the OEM one is expensive but it bolts straight on,has the correct reflector holes,front badge indent and isn't made of fibreglass which at the front of the car doesn't take stone chips well. It also comes with the extended under tray which you need as the bumper is much longer.By the time you have paid a body shop to fettle the replica your not saving much.

Saw Andy's bumper yesterday and it is spot on. Personally if I am working on a project put money aside for what things cost, pay the money, reduce stress. What you don't want is something that fits so badly you end up wasting months trying to get your money back, losing money paying for postage and the like and ending up back where you started. I have seen so many bad parts an no story ends well.

Appreciate the advice! The oem part defiantly looks a lot better and will hold its value more in the future. just a shame they don't stock the Nismo rear bumper to go with it B)

is it still possible to by the reflectors for the oem front bumper? or is the only option to go with led lights? 

quite a fan of the stock Nismo look think it will definitly age well.

Many thanks for you responses 

• 6 months later...

HAY long time after finding a new job I'm now in a position to look for these again can see these are no longer listed on the Tarmac website. imagine id have to get one from the states or Japan for a OEM one (Would prefer one with the nissan badge indent). i might try a few JDM import companies to see what they can find. 

but any other recommendations would be fab.

cheers 

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recommendations guys, brought one from Tarmac motor sportz! very happy with it! extremly well packaged! 

am i right to say an uk Nissan 350z badge will fit in the v3 bumpers badge space? they are the same size just incase the JDM badge is a different thickness ? 

is it worth buying any extra bumper clips incase the original ones break?

also any recommendations for paint and body shops in the Birmingham/West Midlands area would be greatly recommended! 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Retro LLama said:

Thanks for the recommendations guys, brought one from Tarmac motor sportz! very happy with it! extremly well packaged! 

am i right to say an uk Nissan 350z badge will fit in the v3 bumpers badge space? they are the same size just incase the JDM badge is a different thickness ? 

is it worth buying any extra bumper clips incase the original ones break?

also any recommendations for paint and body shops in the Birmingham/West Midlands area would be greatly recommended! 

Cheers 

Yes the OEM bumper badge will fit. 

sweet thanks Andy! 

ive test fitted the filler plate and engine skid pan and all seem fine apart from the corners of the bumper filler plate should these holes bolt to the bumper in white? or are these for attaching to the inside of the wheel arch? any ideas from any one would be helpful 

thanks again just trying to avoid any possible issues at a paint shop Cheers :):bunny:

IMG_1333.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the recommendations and advice guys bumpers all on and fitted great! 

The body shop had a few issues with the under tray as the threads under the car were pretty warn due to the age of the car! 

but all in all the fitment is perfectB)! can easily see how long an aftermarket one would take to fit in comparison :wheelchair:.   

i also had to disconnect the head light washers to save from drilling and cutting in to the new bumper. has this been an issue for anyone when it comes to Mot?  i can easily just swap the bumper over if it is the case.

gonna enjoy it for how it is before seeing if any other bits need doing like a OEM rear wing in the future.   

i don't want to put my old licence plate on as it looks so nice! does any one have any recommendations for plate locations and sizes i could go with. would love a flip out plate but think it might be bit to much work 

Many thanks 

thumbnail_IMG_1361.jpg

• Like 1