Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can't trace this years who's going so here it is.

 

Setting off next Sun, arrive at Tertre Rouge Tues lunchtime, beginning to get giddy now.

 

Anyone passing say hi & stop for a beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going, setting off next Tuesday, be in Beasajour with Speedchills, ill be in this epic machine with three other epic blokes in their epic machines :thumbs:

 

Show us yours :lol:

E2D764CC-C575-4409-B4AE-BA0DE928F05B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Houx with 41 (!) other people, we are making a pub. Some taster images:

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

 

 

No automatic alt text available.

 

We have a quiz night, ladies night, roast on Sunday and some nice touches too - last orders bell, picture of the queen, lots of brewery bar mats and towels, horse brasses ........ but my favourite:

Image may contain: text

 

Come and say hello, I doubt youll miss us ........ :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very quiet on here this year,not many going?

 

Car packed & stickered up today, no room for a petit pois now, we're leaving tomorrow for Surrey, Mon for Rouen, Tues arrive Tertre Rouge, yippeeeeeee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kinabalu said:

Very quiet on here this year,not many going?

 

Car packed & stickered up today, no room for a petit pois now, we're leaving tomorrow for Surrey, Mon for Rouen, Tues arrive Tertre Rouge, yippeeeeeee.

I think in its current state wec has little to justify the expenses and travel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/06/2018 at 22:12, StevoD said:

I think in its current state wec has little to justify the expenses and travel 

Compared to what, F1? Did you actually watch the last two races? :lol:

 

TBH its difficult to understand until youve been, but 6/12/24 hour races with 4 different classes on track at the same time isnt comparable to normal racing - instead of seeing the cars for 5 seconds every 2.5 minutes theres almost constant action in front of you, but theres also time to go to different viewing points, get food and drink etc. too.   

 

The cars also look different and sound different from each other, you can have different weather every hour and the camping element at LM is amazing, lots of petrolheads drunk for 5 days solid cant be bad :lol:

Anyway, check out the Rebellion/TVR qualifying times, could be a race in LMP1 yet .........
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, docwra said:

Compared to what, F1? Did you actually watch the last two races? :lol:

 

TBH its difficult to understand until youve been, but 6/12/24 hour races with 4 different classes on track at the same time isnt comparable to normal racing - instead of seeing the cars for 5 seconds every 2.5 minutes theres almost constant action in front of you, but theres also time to go to different viewing points, get food and drink etc. too.   

 

The cars also look different and sound different from each other, you can have different weather every hour and the camping element at LM is amazing, lots of petrolheads drunk for 5 days solid cant be bad :lol:

Anyway, check out the Rebellion/TVR qualifying times, could be a race in LMP1 yet .........
 

I have been and i hate f1 for reference 

 

But I'm not paying £1500 to watch Toyota race themselves :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They managed to beat themselves last year though :lol: You havent checked out the Rebellion time either ;)

And £1500 is a bit on the heavy side, this year tickets are about £70, a car is £130 odd so if you split 4 ways its not that bad at all - we're only sticking EUR 200 each in the whip for food and beer all week. This will be 12 in a row for me, I just love it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, docwra said:

They managed to beat themselves last year though :lol: You havent checked out the Rebellion time either ;)

And £1500 is a bit on the heavy side, this year tickets are about £70, a car is £130 odd so if you split 4 ways its not that bad at all - we're only sticking EUR 200 each in the whip for food and beer all week. This will be 12 in a row for me, I just love it. 

try going with Ekona lol i was quoted around 8-900 ended up down just over £1500 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hes a plumber, what do you expect? Probably rocking around with diamond encrusted slippers and drinking Dom Perignon all week as well :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pfft peanuts :p 

 

Also we do it posh, you could well do it for much less, I just wouldn’t want to :lol: Although I’m not a plumber any more so can’t afford to go this year, not that I want to until they sort the mess that is LMP1 out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GTE PRO, Is probably where it’s at, BMW back in the mix etc.

 

A friend is joining us on Friday, flying into Nantes then train and tram to the circuit, for a laugh, he priced a helicopter from Nantes to Le Mans, £6.5K :lol:

 

We’ve managed to do it all for well under a £1K each, 4 of us, 4 good size pitches (2 5x5 and 2 7x5), tickets, ferry and an overnight tomorrow near Dover, even the 5 fill ups required for the 1600mile round trip.  Food and drink, no more than a few hundred quid.

 

not a huge price to pay for 6 nights, seven days of a lads road trip.  I paid £2.5k for a week in a villa with a pool in Provence last year, not including the 4 days there and back, hotels, fuel etc.  So Le Mans is a bit of a bargain :teeth:

 

I only watch F1 now, hoping to see Hamilton go into ever more hilarious moods when it doesn’t go his way :lol:, I suppose they’re all the same.

 

anyway, been a few years since I’ve been, I wouldn’t go to Le Mans every year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why have so many pulled out?

 

I have never been but if i were to go i think i would be much more interested in classic lemans, has anyone done that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Budgets i believe going elsewhere new 2020/2021 regs will hopefully bring people back  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

So why have so many pulled out?

 

I have never been but if i were to go i think i would be much more interested in classic lemans, has anyone done that?

No idea

 

you should go

 

not done classic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard via ekona that any Lmp1 car will get a penalty if they lap faster than Toyotas cars? 

 

So doesn't matter how fast rebellion are lol 

Edited by StevoD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid fusking rule. As always, the ACO trying their best to fix the racing. 

 

Still wish I was there though, not the same watching it at home :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cvviuYN.jpg

 

Our pub worked rather well, we had lots of people walking in and offering us money, looks like we will end up on German TV as well :D

 

I dont know if this is going to work but this video sums up LM for me, we had nicked the motorised scooter from a feller dressed as Immortan Joe from Mad Max. this wasnt even the crazy night :lol:

 

https://www.facebook.com/julian.mapp.71/videos/10155390453175877/?t=2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, from a couch yes, from a GTE Pro stance at the track no.  (Apologies, meant to reply to this eons ago, from someone who was there, to someone who wasn’t :lol:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, where were you all this year, there a week & didn't see a single 350 or 370 including driving down from Leeds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...