Footwell Lighting - Rice or Nice?

Chris`I

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever put up a guide or pics of the block location?

I bought the bars but have never got round to doing it.......

Its not difficult Stew, just follow the service manual for getting the passenger A-pillar off (remove door trim weather seal, then pop off the A-pillar being careful of tabs, best to use a trim removal tool), and there is a block with IIRC is 3 cables, red, black and pink. The funny thing with the light is that its activated by a selective ground and has permenant power. I think red is power, black is permenant earth and pink is the selective earth for when the doors are open or locks blipped. You want to wire in to permenant live and selective ground. Make sure you test with LEDs so that it will only work when done properly and cant damage it if done wrong. Scotch block them in, run the cable down the gap to the footwell and jobs a good un :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
Bringing this back up....

Where did you position the led strips? Against the plastic (glue or something) or just above the carpet?

Also did u manage to fit one to the boot light?

Its a bit of trial and error mate. On the passenger side there is a nice lip as the dash goes under into the footwell. On the drivers side there is similar, but you have to lift the steeringwheel up first as the plastics are tight. As for fittings, I used bits of Velcro and that holds it nicely, allowing for adjustment as I put it all around the light strip so you can rotate it to get the right angle. :thumbs:

still waiting for you to fit mine chris :teeth:

Bit far for me to travel in a day, but if I'm even in the Logica office in Altrincham, I'll give you a call Mike, we can wire them up in the car park ;):lol: I must warn you I've never been to that office in 3yrs, so its unlikely to happen! Wales Run maybe :thumbs:

still waiting for you to fit mine chris :teeth:

Bit far for me to travel in a day, but if I'm even in the Logica office in Altrincham, I'll give you a call Mike, we can wire them up in the car park ;):lol: I must warn you I've never been to that office in 3yrs, so its unlikely to happen! Wales Run maybe :thumbs:

:lol::thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Hey, just found this thread and though it would be a good little project for when i get home.

Just wandering, i noticed that you say there are 3 wires to tap into "black, red and pink" however most of the LED bars a have found are only + and -, am I missing a trick here?

Cheers

R

• 1 year later...
Hey, just found this thread and though it would be a good little project for when i get home.

Just wandering, i noticed that you say there are 3 wires to tap into "black, red and pink" however most of the LED bars a have found are only + and -, am I missing a trick here?

Cheers

R

two wires :-

connect the live + to the red and black wire

connect the negative - to the switched earth on the pink :thumbs:

Cheers

R

two wires :-

connect the live + to the red and black wire

connect the negative - to the switched earth on the pink :thumbs:

Blimey, he's back!!