Can't post in Announcements section

KyleR

Yea, what the title says, bit odd. I can post everywhere else, but in there I have no text box to reply to topics in :confused: 

On a side note, since the forum help section has been moved up to the top of the forum we are getting umpteen topics about car problems, as apposed to issues with the forum/site, which of course is what this section is for.

4 minutes ago, LRF4N said:

I think it’s reserved for admin/mods only to keep announcements official. People were posting random announcements in here way back lol

That’s an idea, but there are non mods posting. Also would be odd because members would have to start a new thread to discuss the announcement 

7 hours ago, KyleR said:

Good to see Admin frequenting the "Forum Help" section to help us out. 

There are only two Admins and sadly our non-digital lives often prevent total coverage, every day, on top of that, we’re both extremely lazy.

On a serious note. Should any Member ever be in URGENT need of attention, PM one of the Mods or Admins (ideally one who is online) and they’ll do their best to get it sorted or get an Admin online as soon as possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperStu said:

There are only two Admins and sadly our non-digital lives often prevent total coverage, every day, on top of that, we’re both extremely lazy.

On a serious note. Should any Member ever be in URGENT need of attention, PM one of the Mods or Admins (ideally one who is online) and they’ll do their best to get it sorted or get an Admin online as soon as possible.

Sorry about that, I know yas are stretched and doing the best yas can :sorry:

It's working now anywho. Was it as Dan said, REO permissions thing?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KyleR said:

Sorry about that, I know yas are stretched and doing the best yas can :sorry:

It's working now anywho. Was it as Dan said, REO permissions thing?

No worries mate. There were a couple of permissions issues that I believe are fixed.

Historically only The Team could post and reply in there, it’s now possible for everyone to reply, we’ll trial this for a while and see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, SuperStu said:

No worries mate. There were a couple of permissions issues that I believe are fixed.

Historically only The Team could post and reply in there, it’s now possible for everyone to reply, we’ll trial this for a while and see how it goes.

Are you sure, I'm pretty sure i've posted before in that section and if I take a look back a few years, there's plenty of posts from none mods/admin, such as WackyWill :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KyleR said:

Are you sure, I'm pretty sure i've posted before in that section and if I take a look back a few years, there's plenty of posts from none mods/admin, such as WackyWill :scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

The permissions have changed over time. Certain posts may have been influencing factors on removing that ability.