Greetings

Morning folks, brief history then a couple of questions....

12months ago a simple brief was outlined. New car-must be different-fun-fast(ish) and affordable...Also will be a daily driver!

The candidates:-

Mini GP edition(2010)-love the thunder grey colour but only 2 seats when there is space for 4

Abarth biposte-again with the seats so...

Abarth 595 -no fear of looking like having a mid life crisis in one:-) i love them but people asked if i was buying for my wife:-(

BMW Z4 -fear of looking like having a mid life crisis...

Audi TT cracking car but very common. My kids used to play "yellow bash" on car journeys- first to see a yellow car and say er " yellow bash" gets a point.most points at the end of said journey wins. If we had played TT bash and or Mini bash they might have both got A* on their GCSE maths...

Audi S5 again like the TT, cracking car but common-- on a side note there is a Voodoo Blue RS7 near here, what a colour:-)

Focus RS 09/10 plate-sadly prices have gone up by £3k on avg last year so:-

New(er) RS- like the blue but sadly way out of my price range, surprisingly common 'round here( or is it just the same one following me.....)

Toyota GT86 Aero-very rare, looks gorgeous, low mileage ones available and affordable:-)  - already looking at mods prior to purchase:-(

370z in the light blue colour ( if i had even been aware of the utterly gorgeous Black rose/Cherry??? things might have been different)

In the end it boiled down to 2- a Red GT86 aero or the obvious seeing as I've joined a 350/370 forum...

Hoping to get to Japfest:-)

Onto the questions:-

1. Under cheeky acceleration the (!) warning light comes on. Driving up a steep hill the(VDC car icon with 2 skids!) comes on-is that an indication of low brake fluid level?

2. the bonnet is closed/shut but the front corner doesn't sit quite right, is it just a case of needing some slight adjustment??

Thanks for reading folks

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 21:59, Daztardly said:

Hi and welcome. Sorry can’t help with your questions though!

Cheers Daz. VDC light sorted. despite brake fluid level being midway between low and high marks, topping it up solved the issue;-) Bonnet adjustment also sorted-simply popped the retainer off the bonnet and gave the latch a 540 degree turn-took all of 30 seconds!