Sign in to follow this  
bens313

Avon ZZ5

Hi All!

Looking for some new tires on the front, the continentals that are currently on there are looking a bit..... tired :lol:. I've always used Avon tires on my other cars that don't necessarily need the extra stick around the twists and am looking at ZZ5's for the Zed. I've been happy with them on other cars i have had them on, and they seem reasonably priced, wondering if anyone has had any experience with them before? Would it be a death sentence for the Zeds handling?

Cheers.

*tyres

They’re a bit more shopping trolley than sports car, but they’re fine otherwise. Don’t mix tyres front and rear though, replace all round if you’re changing brands/models. 

Serious Q Dan ........ what are your thought on people changing wheels for wider items, does this not throw off the balance of the car to a greater extent than changing tyre compounds? What about pressures?

I've ran them for all 3 1/2 years I had my Zed and put a new set on her just before I sold her earlier this month. They are great tyres IMHO,  I'm no tyre guru but I drove my Zed hard at times and they never felt like they were going to put me into a ditch. If you compare they're rating against mps,  youll find they are not far behind them. Personal choice but I liked them a lot and felt they suited the Zed perfectly.

Rating? Please don't tell me you mean those useless EU ones...

The missus has them all round on her Z4M  I've got them on the rear of my Z (I won't say what's on the front Dan will have a fit) not had a problem with them 

:)

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Rating? Please don't tell me you mean those useless EU ones...

Just going by what black circles rates them at for grip, fuel economy and noise

In fact ... exactly the same as mps, just checked. How good their ratings are I've no idea

So those useless EU ratings then :lol:

Do me a favour, everyone: Pay zero attention to those EU numbers. Literally zero. Unless you're picking the scabbiest of tyres to put on the scabbiest of cars, they're of no practical use whatsoever.