New 370Z Advice Needed

s1xtyn1n3

I'm picking up my new white 370Z Nismo from Nissan this week. I have had a black 350Z GT for the last 8 years, but have never owned a brand new car, nor a white car before so I'm after a bit of advice.

I've been having a read of some of the posts around here and there's some useful stuff on there but I still have a few questions:

General New Car Stuff

Is there anything I should do or check when picking the car up and after getting it home? (it's only 4 miles from the dealership)

Cleaning

Is there anything I need to do specifically to look after brand new paint?

Are there any recommended tips/products for maintaining the leather in the car?

What products would people recommend for white cars?

Do I need to worry about swirling like I did with the black 350?

General 370Z Owners Advice

The 350Z had a few hidden bits like holding the button down to show a clock - does the 370Z have any similar hidden features?

After-Market Stuff

When I borrowed the demo car, I noticed RCA jacks in the centre pocket - has anyone done anything interesting with these?

How easy is it to get the Sat Nav updated? (I'm too used to using Google Maps for navigation)

Any other after-market stuff I should know about?

Any other advice is also more than welcome!

Long list there but I'm just going to give you a heads up (in case you have not picked up on the issue) about checking that the shipment spacers have been removed from the springs - far too many new 370's are being handed over without that work being done.

See the thread here here and in particular 5tu's pics where you can see the offending items at the top of the springs each side.  DO NOT TAKE THE SALESMAN'S WORD FOR IT - either check for yourself or maybe better ask to be shown they have ,on a ramp.

I'm out of touch with the latest gizmo's offered on 370s but as regards cleaning I find the Poorboys stuff is ideal after trying various other products on the several white cars in our household in recent years:

https://www.detailedclean.co.uk/glazes/poorboys-white-diamond-16oz-82

and that lasts a year easily with an occasional detail using:

https://www.detailedclean.co.uk/detailing-sprays/dodo-juice-red-mist-tropical-protection-detailer-spray-500ml-137

The great thing with white is that you really have to look hard to see swirls - yes they are there but as we all black cars look absolutely stunning when freshly clean but first use and that 'gloss' goes whereas with white it just seems not to show the 'dirt' as much.

Edited by Ebized

Looks very nice.

The only hidden bit that I became aware of with mine was the auto door locking as you begin to drive off. 

If I remember correctly it wasn`t mentioned in the manual at all and, strangely, was set to off as default. If it`s still the same on new ones here`s the procedure to activate it;

I was in the same boat as you, had my black 350 for 18 months ( second car ) then bought my Nismo almost a year ago, also brand new.

Get a check list of things to check, I might have posted on on here before but I can't remember.

Bring a VERY powerful torch to check for damaged paint etc at the dealer before you sign anything, check the shipping spacers are out before you drive off.

It's not a case of seeing swirls as it is preventing them. Use of good quality products is important, but technique more so!
I'd recommend getting the paint protected some how before you drive it too long/far. I had my front covered in PPF vinyl, but others choose to go for ceramic coatings - do some digging and pick one, but I'd go for some protection!
I haven't found any hidden features yet, apart from hitting certain buttons loads up another screen for the same thing. So for example if you hit Map, then hit it again, it will show a picture of the junction etc. OR it will get rid of it if there is on present. Have a play with the buttons :)

Get in to the habit of finding a save place to turn off the headlights before you spray your windshield - saves you from dousing your car in washer fluid from those STUPID headlight washers.

Heres what I did, had a few more but lost the list.

Edited by Mikevv

Congrats collected my new 2018 Black Nismo three weeks ago.

As previously mentioned check that the shipping spacers on the front springs have been removed.

i had the front of the car, mirrors, side skirts and roof covered in XPEL PPF prior to collecting from the dealer. Probable the best £1100 you can spend on the car to retain resale value as these cars otherwise suffer from stone chips.

The alignment was also out on my car which I got Nissan to adjust last week.

Otherwise just the obvious checks such as the paintwork and wheels prior to signing for the Car.

Which dealer did you purchase the car from?

Will be interested to hear your feedback on the Dunlop GP600 tyre as I’m experiencing slight tramlining with my Car.

Enjoy the new Car  

Also after the 1200 mile run in period I had the oil & filter changed at my local NissanHPC Not part of the servicing schedule however from previous experience with high performance cars and race Bikes thought it was a no brainier for £85.. 

Edited by Bikeracer

20 hours ago, s1xtyn1n3 said:

Cool, useful info! Ceramic coating has definitely piqued my interest - I can't seem to find anywhere in the Norwich/Norfolk area that does it though :/

Ceramic coating is excellent however doesn’t prevent stone chips which is why I went down the rout of PPF instead.

• Like 1

Tramlining was a problem I noticed when I borrowed the dealers 370Z Nismo for a day - very noticeable compared to my 350Z

It was from Desira Nissan in Norwich - they have serviced the 350Z the entire time i had it so was happy to buy from them. Plus it was their showroom model and they were really keen to make a deal so I got a pretty great price on it! 

I don't think i can afford to do much else with the car at the moment. I don't really do much in the way of mileage so the best I can do is wax for now :/

6 minutes ago, nissanjuke said:

just enjoy and wax it to your delight, ZEDITIS will soon come along and get you!!!:D soon!

Am definitely looking forward to some worry free Zedding again - I loved my 350Z but it was becoming a money pit.

Roll on 4PM tomorrow :D

2 hours ago, s1xtyn1n3 said:

Tramlining was a problem I noticed when I borrowed the dealers 370Z Nismo for a day - very noticeable compared to my 350Z

It was from Desira Nissan in Norwich - they have serviced the 350Z the entire time i had it so was happy to buy from them. Plus it was their showroom model and they were really keen to make a deal so I got a pretty great price on it! 

I don't think i can afford to do much else with the car at the moment. I don't really do much in the way of mileage so the best I can do is wax for now :/

Has you new Nismo got Bridgestone or Dunlop tyres fitted. Mines got the Dunlop GP600