350z gtm Twinturbo kit

Ortega_9

6 minutes ago, wizard said:

Oil temp & pressure

Will do.

thinking of loosing the Stock Oil pressure switch and taking Oil pressure from there.

And relocating the Defi gauge Oil temp to the sump, and taking the Oil temp from the Oil cooler sandwich plate to the aem.

only "problem" i Can Think of is that the aem dosen't have a Oil pressure input. So I'll have to see where i Can connect it.

39 minutes ago, wizard said:

I’m thinking of mounting oil temp into the sump but I have an APS large capacity sump and not sure where its best to tap it. Havent thought of the oil pressure yet. Are you going to use innovate gauges?

I'm sticking with my Defi gauges. Just becourse they look trick.

and actually loosing my afr gauge. I'm getting the Security functions mapped in the aem, so there is no need for me to try and keep an eye out for that, when the aem will adjust or shut down if Numbers are off.

I Would assume the oilpan Would be ok for Oil temp? But most people Seem to use the Oil cooler sandwich plate.

i guess i will be about the same.

39 minutes ago, scobie140 said:

The oil pump draws from the oil pan so I would have thought that's the most accurate place to take from?

That's where I've stuck mine

It does, and in my case, through the Oil cooler and filter and to the engine.

i have no idea how much the temp is lowered by the cooler, but when it comes back it is the temp it Would be when going to the bearings i guess.

I have no problem with taking the Oil temp in the sump, and i guess i Can make a comparrison between Oil temps in the sump and after the Oil cooler when i get the sensor fitted. I'm Guessing that it's not that Big a difference.

• Like 1

As much as i hate pulling off a new Oil filter and 7 liters of new 0miles Oil, i hate having things done other than the Way i want them.

so off with the Defi Oil temp sensor, and in with the aem sensor. Defi sensor is relocated to sump.

and also forgot that the Stock Oil press sensor is 1/8 bsp and NOT npt.... so messed up my new aem Oil press sensor aswell.... :blush:

so new sensor ordered aswell as bsp to npt bushing.

and also ordered aem wideband probe cables in the right lenght so i wont have a bundle of cable when i'm done....

IMG_5161.JPG

The fuellab pump is physcally bigger than Stock, so had to grind the "pegs" on the intake side down to make it fit within the Stock assembly.

also drilled the return hole of the fpr to 3mm and the venturi jet to 2,5 mm to lower the pressure at idle, as i read it otherwise Would be the jet hole size and not the fpr setting the pressure.

IMG_5167.JPG

Just started doing up the last wireing for the new harness. Pulling wires to and from the ecu... Then the ecu install is done.

then Next, the "hardwire" for the new fuel pump. It draws quite alot more than Stock, so wireing, fuse, relay etc. Must be upgraded.

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

• Like 1

Getting some more gray hair today....

having to go into the aem harness to hook up the Oil press. As it's apparently not commenly used for this setup....

and also getting started on the last connector.  Really looking forward to getting this behind me.

IMG_5199.JPG

This is fantastic - could you elaborate more on the mods you did to the pump to make it fit?

Looks like I'm going to need to upgrade my walbro 255 and worried about how a bigger one will fit in the carrier, also was hardwiring tricky?

4 hours ago, wizard said:

This is fantastic - could you elaborate more on the mods you did to the pump to make it fit?

Looks like I'm going to need to upgrade my walbro 255 and worried about how a bigger one will fit in the carrier, also was hardwiring tricky?

Thanks.

sure, i "cut" and removed the small studs on the intake side of the pump to make it sit inside the Stock fuel pump carrier... but beeing so long it still wont fit.

i know there other pumps that will physically fit in the Stock carrier, but wanted to try the fuellab, i kinda dug myself in the hole....

i havent sorted out the fastning of the pump yet. Right now, it's Ziptied pretty good. By that was mostly to see if i could get pressure, and if i could get my base fuel press low enough with the mods to my fpr, and swievel jet. I'll get back to it when i'm done wireing the aem.

i will be doing the hardwire mod pretty soon, will make sure to add pictures and descriptions. 

IMG_5169.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Thanks 1

Had some spare time today to make my maf plug.

I'll be running map sensor so i wont need the maf sensor in the boost pipe.

i want the process to be reversible, Otherwise i Would just had welded it shut.

the plug will sit with the bolts intended for the maf, or I'll make some countersunk bolts and use a little silicone gasket to make sure it wont leak

made it so that it has the same dimensions as the afm. This Way it will seal on the rubber gasket in the hole.

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

Edited by Ortega_9
  • Like 3

Just started on the "hardline" wireing for the fuel pump.

The power will be drawn through a 4mm2 cable with a 30 AMP fuse to the battery.

Run through a Nissan relay that will be placed in the vacant spot in the relay box for the lamp washer.

also started fitting some 2" aluminium pipe and my Screw cap for the new radiator overflow tank.

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

16 hours ago, Ortega_9 said:

Just started on the "hardline" wireing for the fuel pump.

The power will be drawn through a 4mm2 cable with a 30 AMP fuse to the battery.

Run through a Nissan relay that will be placed in the vacant spot in the relay box for the lamp washer.

also started fitting some 2" aluminium pipe and my Screw cap for the new radiator overflow tank.

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

Did you have to buy the wiring and relays separately for the hardwire?

Having a look at fuelab as well as aeromotive 340 at the moment.

3 hours ago, wizard said:

Did you have to buy the wiring and relays separately for the hardwire?

Having a look at fuelab as well as aeromotive 340 at the moment.

I had everything laying around.

the relay is from an "old" s13. It fits almost all Nissan relay boxes.

but you Can buy complete "hardwire" kits with cable, fuses and relays.

and i'm having issues working out how to Secure the pump in the hanger.... without zipties... so not there yet, but close.

if you need the fuel from a 340 pump. I Would suggest buying a model specific fitting kit and another one than the fuellab...

the fuellab will Deliver alot more fuel than other pumps, but is a pita to fit.

so far, that is, if/when i solve it, I'll post my take on it.

And also it needs bigger than Stock wireing. It draws almost 15 amps (witch i belive is Stock max) at just around base fuel pressure. So pretty High output and power usage.

i originally planned on doing a whole new hanger with fuel return etc. But that will have to wait now, as i just want to get the car on the Road...

• Like 1