Whiteline Diff Bushes

Dave6188

I just want to clarify that the instructions are incorrect in saying the smaller bush is top and larger bottom. Looking at the OEM bushes the thick larger bush is top and thinner smaller bush bottom. 

Has anyone else installed these before and found this issue ? 

I've had mine as the instructions for the past year (minimal use), my intention is to remove the diff and check for wear/ swap plates to reduce lock up and switch the bushes around as said above. I can't say much as I have hardly driven the car and it makes loud noises so hard to tell whats bad and whats normal lol.

When you remove yours can you check the oem bush and the washer that sits above it, does the metal sleeve go through the washer or sit against it. (to compare the height difference between the whiteline bush setup, thanks, also post results always good to inform other forum users.

• 1 year later...

Just resurrecting this post as it was useful to me. I had my 350z diff bushes replaced a few months ago. The garage duly followed the instructions with thin bushes and washers on top, fat bushes on bottom. Whilst driving it the noises from the rear were horrendous. After much research including this post I took it back and they swapped them over. Thin bushes on bottom, fat bushes on top and no washers!!

I gave Whiteline a fair amount of grief over this and sent them evidence, they said they had passed in on to the Oz team. I see they have now overhauled the instructions (Rev C) which is correct :thumbs: https://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/install_guides/Z5206.pdf 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cob1980 said:

Just resurrecting this post as it was useful to me. I had my 350z diff bushes replaced a few months ago. The garage duly followed the instructions with thin bushes and washers on top, fat bushes on bottom. Whilst driving it the noises from the rear were horrendous. After much research including this post I took it back and they swapped them over. Thin bushes on bottom, fat bushes on top and no washers!!

I gave Whiteline a fair amount of grief over this and sent them evidence, they said they had passed in on to the Oz team. I see they have now overhauled the instructions (Rev C) which is correct :thumbs: https://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/install_guides/Z5206.pdf 

Good work mate 

They cost me about 500 quid and a load of grief

Hopefully it will save other people from the same issue 

7 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Good work mate 

They cost me about 500 quid and a load of grief

Hopefully it will save other people from the same issue 

:scare: that's terrible !

There was no offer of recourse, lucky for me the garage very kindly remedied the work for nothing. Just hope no damage to the drive shafts etc 

I did say the least I expected was for them to update the instructions so that no one else is out of pocket.