Tein Flex Z Coilovers with EDFC Active Pro

350zNS

Hey everyone

Ive done four track days now absolutely loving the car planning on doing one a month if weather is fine, so far ive done the following

Remap with abbeymotor sport

Tints all round 

Replaced tyres for Michelin PIlot super sports 

Replaced reflectors with led smoked lights 

Nismo gear knob

Stubby aerial

Braided brake lines

Braided clutch lines

Motul 600 clutch/brake fluid 

Due to have Ferrodo ds2500 on Monday, still dont need to change the discs that came with the car. 

So im thinking whats next and ive come to the decision that i want to get the tein flex z with the edfc active pro, has anyone had experience with this set up ? its quite a bit of money so would be good to hear others peoples opinions ?

I drive the car as my daily but aiming to buy another car in a few months for work.

cheers

nick

There's better suspension out there imho. The EDFC is cool at first, but really you only need two settings: Road and Track. It's a 30sec job to change without electronic control, so don't pay more for that as it's not worth the gadget factor.

Change ARBs first, and then see if you want to change springs and dampers. You may well not.

Ekona is correct when he says the EDFC is a bit of a gadget and also correct on the 2 settings observation, but personally i like a gadget and being a bit lazy i also like being able to dial in my suspension settings with the touch of a button it just depends if you want to pay for the system or not.

I would imho change the ARBS first as well.

On 9/16/2017 at 21:23, Ekona said:

There's better suspension out there imho. The EDFC is cool at first, but really you only need two settings: Road and Track. It's a 30sec job to change without electronic control, so don't pay more for that as it's not worth the gadget factor.

Change ARBs first, and then see if you want to change springs and dampers. You may well not.

How do change the rear damper settings on a zed in 30 seconds?

3 hours ago, Ekona said:

Extensions fitted to the knob on the top of the shock, and bring them up through the plastics. :) 

Been doing that from 2011 :) 

How about these? In stock, ready for next day delivery :) 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/coilovers/946-350z-tanabe-sustec-pro-comfort-r-coilovers--tsr063.html

• 2 weeks later...