Bose 6 CD Skips

:welcome: Trevor, and enjoy this site. They're a friendly and helpful bunch.

Have a search on here and you will find plenty of chat about this. It's a known problem - most advise to get shot of the Bose unit and fit an aftermarket one.

Hi and :welcome: from another Trevor. As Sarnie said, it only skips when cold because the CDs condensate and the crappy Bose laser can't burn through. You can either keep your CDs in the house, don't play them until the car warms up which is what I do, or bin the Bose and get a decent hea unit.

Hi and :welcome: from another Trevor. As Sarnie said, it only skips when cold because the CDs condensate and the crappy Bose laser can't burn through. You can either keep your CDs in the house, don't play them until the car warms up which is what I do, or bin the Bose and get a decent hea unit.

+1

Welcome to the site. :thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum

My Bose as never skipped hot or cold :blush:

Av u ben wiv Shire agin? :lol::p

It does it this time of year after a chilly night and warming up in the morning. Your shift pattern might help with that! ;)

this can be the beginning of the laser failing. Usually starts to show when it's cold as if there is condensation on the disc. Going further on the tracks seems to stop the problem or waiting for the unit to warm up. Only time will tell if it gets worse to the point where a replacement is required