New owner with strange noises

Thethorne

I picked up my zed Saturday and know they have a loud drive train but just how loud is loud. When the car is running and you press the clutch there is a loud clonking noise. When you coast in gear in first the is like a grinding noise where it sounds like it's almost taking up some slack out of something and rattles almost doesn't seem to do it once warm though. I'm going to replace the gearbox and diff oil this week though and see if it improves. Next is oil pressure once warm at idle I'm getting between 15-20psi but no matter what the engine speed it never going above 35psi I've checked the oil level and she It full any help on any of these niggles would be appreciated. Thanks thethorne

What history did you get with the car, any receipts for a clutch and fly change etc. The most alarming thing is a clonk as you put it. I would need to see the car tbh as it's always difficult to proffer advice otherwise.

I assume you get no slip from the clutch when driving?

Is the clonk apparent when sat at idle and depressing the clutch or when you put it under load and go to pull away?

Zs do suffer from gearbox chatter at idle especially if you have an aftermarket lightened fly fitted.

Thanks for the replies it's when the cat is stationary you hear the clunk no history of clutch or flywheel change but full service history yes even at 6000rpm it doesn't go above 35psi hence why I've only taken it there once. Thanks therhorne

For reference completely warm my car idles at a touch under 30 psi. Redline practically maxes the gauge and from a cold start i sit between 60 and 90 depending on how cold the weather is and how long the cars been sat. Im not a mechanic but 35 psi at 6K sounds bad, hopefully like willsy said its a dodgy sensor. I wont even begin to guess what else it could be although im sure there are some people on here who have much more technical knowledge than i do.