Zed street cred - it may cost a fortune to tax but..........

stanski

Just parked up this morning and as I walked across my works car park I heard a girl talking to some bloke who just got out of their company beemer :yawn:

Hey thats a 350z roadster ...I really fancy one of those.....

I just grinned to myself - Zeds is cool baby! :thumbs:

Nice comments indeed ;)

Just parked up this morning and as I walked across my works car park I heard a girl talking to some bloke who just got out of their company beemer :yawn:

Hey thats a 350z roadster ...I really fancy one of those.....

I just grinned to myself - Zeds is cool baby! :thumbs:

Nice comments indeed ;)

Shame the comment wasnt about you Stan! ;)

I love the attention mine brings too :thumbs:

Well she was rather attractive - give me time! :lol: Ha in my dreams!

No the car gets the limelight not me :wacko:

Cant wait for the 3 days of sunshine :yahoo:

If we have £1000 tax then we need to go French stylie and ACT! Don't grumble about it! :boxing:

In the 5 months I've had mine (and I've had the top down on the chilly winter days - my dad chuckles and calls me a poser or tosser) I have had two comments - from a <10 year old lad on his bmx who said "nice car mister", the other from a <16 year old school girl who said to her friends "you wouldn't expect that in this area B) and then said I want my mum to get one of those".

I met sonny last saturday at my gym, known him for some time and was shocked to find out he has a 350z then found out he is a member on here :scare::lol: small world..

Any how he came out to view my car, then whilst looking at it some guy pulled up and said omg that looks stunning, who's is it, I pointed to sonny lol, he asked him how much it set him back, he played along and said about 28k, the guy looked like he got hit with a basball bat and replied is that all it was, he thought it was a new kind of porsche :lol:

350z, understated, awesome motor B) Loving every second of ownership of it. :yahoo:

Nice little stories guys. :teeth:

I must say the 17 year old Chav girl at a bus stop on Sunday morning her eyes nearly popped out! Hey I'm in there .... he he he he :lol:

No seriously since I have had this car from Saturday afternoon! I have had no usual angry motorway behaviour - people have let me out, people have had a good nosey at it even though its covered in road poo, I'm no poser - really honestly I love it for me (purely selfish) had the roof off all the way home tonight till I had to pull over at lights when the heavens opened near home - no one shouted smart-arse comments at me and when I signalled to be let out again into heavy slow traffic no worries at all? :thumbs:

What is it about this car - ok it looks fast it goes fast its not your boy racer special like a Scoob it seems to cross the age and white van man driver spectrum? I really love this!

You'd get scoffed at if it was a TT roadster?

Stuff the expensive, tax, petrol and insurance !! Lets hope this behaviour continues - even my next door neighbour who normally only says hello now and again when she feels like it - is chatting to me like never before B)

Long may it continue........... :thumbs::yahoo:

Have I mentioned the noise it makes - stuff the stereo I could just listen to that alone - the heated seats could cook eggs, the heater could boil cabbage - everything is just right (except the door rattle - think I have sussed that - spot of grease in the right location I am hoping will solve it?) ;) One last thing average 30 mpg so far better than expected. :D

Makes me smile every time i hear it fire, even at phil's today stood behind it :teeth:

Driving home, couple of kids stop and watch, option a:just carry on pottering along, or b:drop it a cog and give some beans

B wins every time!!

And those kids will think sports cars are ace!!!,

Dave

who for legal reasons cannot comment on how i've worn the rears down to the tread bars ;)

One last thing average 30 mpg so far better than expected. :D

You're not driving it properly mate :lol:

It's all good knowing that other people think highly of your ride. The real satisfaction of Z ownership, for me anyway, is in my own knowing just how good this car actually is.

The only way you can know within is if you push it and drive it: the only place you can do that is on a track. Forget driving quickly on public roads if you want to properly explore the car. Track is the place for it. Within the first few laps, I guarantee you will have a greater understanding of what the Z was designed to do, and just how well it does it. On my last track event (Elvington), I was passing Imprezas, Porsches and Ferraris: not many cars could do that with a novice at the wheel :teeth:

When I'm pootling around and folks notice my Z, I think "yeah, you might think it's cool, but I *know* it is!". :lol:

I've had the Z for 18 months, and every time I jump in, it's like the very first :thumbs:

You're not driving it properly mate

Yeah your right mate - its a license loser this one is'nt it!

Hence 30mpg is the 130miles round motorway trip to work each day- its a boring trip but its made bearable in the Zed, like you say when you get in it every day its like day one :thumbs:

You drafting or getting a tow on your way to work

Got a Star Trek tractor beam fitted in the dash - its a GT roadster optional extra -just aim it at a wagon and then switch the engine off! :lol:

Naaa I am just keeping it steady at the mo - save all the fun for the weekend - plus I am still in paranoid new car mode just had it a week! :surrender:

its a boring trip but its made bearable in the Zed

Exactly. Considering the number of miles I cover in it, others often say, "Why not just get Rep-mobile to run round in and save the Z for weekends?".

My *head* says that makes perfect sense. I'm not sure I could live with myself though running round in a Vectra whilst the Z sits in the garage! B-roads would just not be the same :D

Nice little stories guys. :teeth:

I must say the 17 year old Chav girl at a bus stop on Sunday morning her eyes nearly popped out! Hey I'm in there .... he he he he :lol:

No seriously since I have had this car from Saturday afternoon! I have had no usual angry motorway behaviour - people have let me out, people have had a good nosey at it even though its covered in road poo, I'm no poser - really honestly I love it for me (purely selfish) had the roof off all the way home tonight till I had to pull over at lights when the heavens opened near home - no one shouted smart-arse comments at me and when I signalled to be let out again into heavy slow traffic no worries at all? :thumbs:

What is it about this car - ok it looks fast it goes fast its not your boy racer special like a Scoob it seems to cross the age and white van man driver spectrum? I really love this!

You'd get scoffed at if it was a TT roadster?

Stuff the expensive, tax, petrol and insurance !! Lets hope this behaviour continues - even my next door neighbour who normally only says hello now and again when she feels like it - is chatting to me like never before B)

Long may it continue........... :thumbs::yahoo:

Have I mentioned the noise it makes - stuff the stereo I could just listen to that alone - the heated seats could cook eggs, the heater could boil cabbage - everything is just right (except the door rattle - think I have sussed that - spot of grease in the right location I am hoping will solve it?) ;) One last thing average 30 mpg so far better than expected. :D

I don't want to burst your newbie bubble but............................once you have a nismo/dc/5zigen exhaust plus a pop charger (x2) you will realise that the standard noise is sooooo tame its untrue. That V6 is dying to be unleashed :teeth:

I don't want to burst your newbie bubble but............................once you have a nismo/dc/5zigen exhaust plus a pop charger (x2) you will realise that the standard noise is sooooo tame its untrue. That V6 is dying to be unleashed :teeth:

+1 - my mate thought mine sounded awesome, but thats just standard, hoping to get him a demo of some more exotic exhaust tones come JapFest :thumbs: Cant blame him, he does drive an Evo, so obviously a V6 will sound a lot throatier :lol:

I don't want to burst your newbie bubble but............................once you have a nismo/dc/5zigen exhaust plus a pop charger (x2) you will realise that the standard noise is sooooo tame its untrue. That V6 is dying to be unleashed

I'm sure your right Sarnie :thumbs: - an engine like that is crying out for extras shall we say but I like the fact that it does'nt have a turbo and its not supercharged etc etc etc ... I love it as is. Sorry to be boring.... boggo is fine by me. ;)

I agree on the stock side of things, I've heard the nismo and it is in a different world but for £1000 upwards it should be! I think it's only worth upgrading this kind of mod when your exhaust needs replacing IMHO.

As far as comments go, I'm becoming a lip reading expert, try it Stan, look at oncoming drivers (usually young lads) and lip read them telling their mates / gf "look it's a 350z" :teeth:

Went bowling last night and lip read a young lad walking in front of the car, his expression was simply wow! I totally agree as the car was gleaming yesterday :D

8 months in and I still have that grin, gave it some beans yesterday as it was dry and the car still has the WOW factor!

Lip reading eh? Did ya used ta work in't mill? ;)

Had a proper run out around Cheshire countryside yesterday - great fun and bonus roof was down - really enjoyed it - only had the car a week so still learning and understanding it. Boy does it stick to the ground!

Looking forward to seeing you lot at Bala run - hope to see what wonderous mods you have on your cars and pick up some Zed tips :thumbs: