Steering wheel

Blocko

I really like the factory wheel. I'm tall and do struggle a bit for leg room. I end up in a lot of discomfort if driving for more than an hour. Are there any smaller wheels that still retain the cruise control or perhaps a spacer that I can use with the standard wheel?

Smaller wheel will make the steering faster and heavier. How about a modified original with a flat bottom ala (sic: Jack) Royal Steering Wheels? You send him yours he modifies it, gives it a flat bottom, a nice finish and some better grips, then sends it back, all for about 150 to 175 quid if I read the pricelist right. I've been researching before doing mine, still not decided what I want.

By the way, I'm 6'2" and sit close to my wheel (I can put my seat back another 4 inches if I want) so that I drive in the racing position with 90*elbows. I also have the wheel set in its absolute lowest (most vertical) position and I have no probs, so yeh, just how tall are you?? :lol:

Edited by Aashenfox

I'm 6'4" but it's all legs. I have the seat all the way back and the wheel as high as it goes and it's always pressed between my legs. It's like it in most cars so I get used used to it but it's killer on long journeys

I can also vouch for Jack. I didn't have perforated sides, but the leather. Wow.

Such high quality, and the workmanship is fantastic whilst the price is more than fair, even offers a service where you swap your wheel when you get there so you can keep your car on the road.

Blocko mate, may I suggest an extended effort to getting used to driving in a less laid back position? I'm all legs too, so you can't be that much more of a problem, so I started thinking, how can I have 4 inches behind me and my wheel vertical, yet a dude 5cm taller (even if it was another 5cm just on legs) can't be comfy... There's only one explanation, your seat is too far reclined to go back far enough for your legs to be in a proper position. What if I told you that it's THE most common driving position mistake (too laid back)? Move the seat back more upright, slide the seat further back, bend your arms, you may even find you can make the wheel more vertical after getting more used to it.

Just a thought and if I'm totally wrong and you are a living spider, fair do's mate but I'm out of ideas :lol:

Edited by Aashenfox

I must have a different car to the rest of you. Even a flat bottom would make minimal difference, my legs don't go under steering wheels. I double checked the seat was right back by putting it upright but it's as far as it will go. But tbh I can't sit much more upright as I have minimal headroom. 😳