What the hell is this??

88 Zed

It came up on the lock screen and the only thing you could click on was "dismiss" or "why am I receiving this message"

I clicked on the latter and it explains that it's either and emergency broadcast thing Orr someone after my details :s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came up on the lock screen and the only thing you could click on was "dismiss" or "why am I receiving this message"

I clicked on the latter and it explains that it's either and emergency broadcast thing Orr someone after my details :s

There was a scam I heard of before with messages similar to that one (but longer in length) saying you'd watched a video that you shouldn't have for free and needed to pay money or face prosecution.

You really shouldn't click on links or anything in these types of messages or emails. Can open up a whole load of trouble.

If it's stuck on your phone I'd try "Apple customer support". :thumbs:

There was a scam I heard of before with messages similar to that one (but longer in length) saying you'd watched a video that you shouldn't have for free and needed to pay money or face prosecution.

You really shouldn't click on links or anything in these types of messages or emails. Can open up a whole load of trouble.

If it's stuck on your phone I'd try "Apple customer support". :thumbs:

There wasn't anything to open really, just the message at the bottom or dismiss.. bit worried now

I wouldn't worry too much. It's just a spam flash SMS. A text message won't give you a virus. :thumbs:

Good to know, I really couldn't be arsed changing all my passwords and stuff!

I would love to know what it says tho??

iphone SMS messages don't look like that. I'm not sure but is it spoof text message produced by a suspect app you have on your phone?

Is your phone jail broken? it would be very odd if it wasn't.

***Edit ***

Apparently its a 'flash SMS' rather than a normal SMS. Its Spam but I don't think its dangerous or that there's much you can do about it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7554641?start=0&tstart=0

Edited by Randy_Baton

Is that a public wifi you are connected to? If so it's probably to do with that.

Weirdly when I am connected to hotel networks I get the same sort of pop up only when browsing this site. I put it down to the wifi or someone else connected to the wifi who is up to no good